Flights Heathrow to Nairobi & Return

Old February 17th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Mark

Default Flights Heathrow to Nairobi & Return

I am traveling with a group of 4 from London (Heathrow) to Nairobi on June
27 and returning to London on July 10. Any suggestions for the best airline
for this trip?

Thank you, Mark

Old February 17th, 2004, 08:58 AM

Try Trailfinders in London - Lond Haul Travel Dept: 020 7938 3939 -
generally I have been able to get a good deal through them -
KLM/Kenya Airways

Old February 17th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Liz

In message
Liz wrote:

They've also got a nice new feature whereby if you phone and 'hold' a fare,
you get a password and can access all the details on a special web page:
handy if you wanted to let your friends check it out before confirming.
Maybe you could even do this without holding, I don't know, e.g. to compare
possibilities.

Which sadly isn't totally accessible.
I can get onto it with !Oregano2, but not with !Fresco, and my sister couldn't
get onto it with IE4.

Oh well.

Liz
--
Virtual Liz at http://www.v-liz.co.uk
Kenya; Tanzania; India; Seychelles; Namibia
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Dave Patterson

BA does indeed now fly from Heathrow.
I use them because of the good
bulk fares from the US. But Kenya Airways
is also just fine.

Old February 18th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Gross50

there are several options available. if u want non-stop, fly BA, Kenya
airways or east african airlines. you can book BA or KQ over the web.
its cheaper if you buy BA tickets now than wait till after april.

SN
Brussels, swiss, ethiopian airlines, KLM etc offer connecting flights.

check with ebookers, expedia and opodo as well. i've used them to get
cheaper tickets than the airlines directly

--
John 3:16

Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:34 AM
Rick

"Mark" wrote in message
I am traveling with a group of 4 from London (Heathrow) to Nairobi on June
27 and returning to London on July 10. Any suggestions for the best

airline
for this trip?

Thank you, Mark

I always think this is a 'how long is a piece of string' type of question.
What do you want? If you want the cheapest flight, I believe Aeroflot would
do (a round robin flight via Moscow). They are not as 'hairy' as they used
to be - and some of the fun factor has gone out of flying with them as a
result. British Airways would be the logical choice, but then again, Kenyan
Airways tries very hard to make you welcome. Maybe because they have lost so
much business because of the international situation, they will treat you
even more royally! Incidentally, there are some airlines who are flying
direct to Mombasa, if you want a seaside holiday. I am still researching
this.
If you are going with a group, could I put in a plug for my friend in
Nairobi? I don't make money out of it, but when I went there not so long
ago, she treated me well, and was very informative. She happens to run a
minibus service at JKI airport - including safaris - and you can get tons of
info from Anastasia, at her website
Rick in London