the skies are still full of plotting terrorists (long)

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Matt

Default the skies are still full of plotting terrorists (long)

"tariq rahim" wrote in message
om...
Terror in the Skies, Again?
By Annie Jacobsen
archived forever

That story is obviously some kind of plot by George Bush to frighten us into
voting Republican in November.

Seriously though...that is a scary story.

Matt

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Matt

BTW, the story looks legit....

http://womenswallstreet.com/WWS/arti...&articleid=711

Matt

Old July 16th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Dick Locke

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:52:01 -0700, "Matt"
wrote:

That story is obviously some kind of plot by George Bush to frighten us into
voting Republican in November.

Seriously though...that is a scary story.

Which one? The flight or the plot?
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:19 PM
James Robinson

Dick Locke wrote:

Matt wrote:

That story is obviously some kind of plot by George Bush to
frighten us into voting Republican in November.

Seriously though...that is a scary story.

Which one? The flight or the plot?

How people can be so paranoid.

It's like the 1950s, where a non-white in a white neighborhood was
assumed to up to no good.

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Miguel Cruz

Matt wrote:
BTW, the story looks legit....

http://womenswallstreet.com/WWS/arti...&articleid=711

The story is full of holes and I'd bet money that it's partially or, more
likely, entirely fabricated.

The fact that it's on a web site means nothing - especially a web site as
obscure as that one. Do a google searck for link:womenswallstreet.com -
almost every single link is one that they could have nominated themselves
for. I've never seen any sort of "news" site with anywhere near as few
inbound links. Heck, I have almost as many for my personal travel snapshots
page, and I only ever submitted it to one index (dmoz).

miguel
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Bob Chipeska

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Matt wrote:
BTW, the story looks legit....

http://womenswallstreet.com/WWS/arti...&articleid=711

The story is full of holes and I'd bet money that it's partially or, more
likely, entirely fabricated.

Evidently the story is receiving a lot of attention, based on what they say
on their website. They promise a follow-up. I think it's a "real" website,
but I agree that the story seems a bit much. It's possible they've concocted
the story to drive traffic to the site, which it certainly has. Perhaps in
the near future they'll come out and say the events did happen, but they
chose to write it in an alarming way to make a point. Regardless, I'm sure
we'll find out in the next few days.