Northwest and United Frequent Flyer Problems

Old July 17th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Decij

Default Northwest and United Frequent Flyer Problems

I traveled to China on Northwest in Mid-May of this year (started and
returned from Cincinnati), but I only got credit for my outbound flight when I
registered for my frequent flier miles. I have tried to call Northwest's
frequent flier line, but no one answers the phone. I have one of my boarding
passes for my outbound flight, but that is all I have left. Does anyone have
any suggestions as to how I can get credit for my return flight? (I should add
that I flew into Shanghai, but departed China from Beijing.)

Also, this Christmas I flew to Los Angeles from Cincinnati on US Air
and was told I could get United miles. I called up the right number and
registered the miles. However, United never gave me credit (they stopped
sending monthly statements a while back, so I just found out about this
recently), and now I pretty much have no record of my trip. United wants me to
send them a ticket or something and says that my eligibility for miles is
cancelled 9 months after the trip. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how
I could remedy this problem? With all of the various anti-terrorist trackings,
I strongly suspect that there is a record of my flight somewhere, which might
help me.

Thanks for any help.

JD