Suggestions for work

Old September 29th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Manfred Schreck

Default Suggestions for work

Hi,
I'll be in AUS for several months, approx. from November till April and I'd
like to do a whole lot of things:
1) Work a little occasionally. Does anyone know where I could find a farm to
work for a couple of days for room and board, or a firm that needs a worker
for errants or such like? I'm basically interested in the experience - not
the money.
2) Accompany a road train for some days
3) Get into touch with Aboriginals without being treated as a typical
tourist, i.e. what could I do to live with some Aboriginals for a few days?
4) What means of transport should I use to tour from Cairns to the south and
finally the west?
5) Any suggestion concerning a list of things to see and do is more than
welcome.

Thanks for your effort

Old October 2nd, 2003, 04:07 PM
sibbick1

Hello Manfred

I have a single suggestion that will take care of items 1 and 3. Make your
way to Robinvale Vic. in January. Grape picking is getting underway at this
time and will go through to Easter. Most property owners will allow you to
stay in picker accommodation for free or at very low cost if you work on the
property. Robinvale has many aboriginals you can easily meet. Robinvale is
also only about 100km from Mungo where you can see aboriginal artefacts,
camp sites and ancient fish traps up to 60,000 years old.