Hawaiian airlines bad customer service

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Granola Bar

Default Hawaiian airlines bad customer service

If you're flying to Hawaii do your best to avoid using Hawaiian
airlines. These *******s completely ruined my vacation. Here is a
list of things that happened to me and why I suggest YOU not use them.

1. Crushed my bag so badly in handling that they cracked my notebook
computer in half and squeezed every bottle of shampoo and toothpaste
all over my luggage

2. Rude customer service they completely ignored me at counter when I
brought it to their attention that my baggage had been crushed. It
actually looked like it was hydraulically crushed in a conveyor belt
system.

3. Charged me $100 to change flight date, the women on the phone
screwed up my flight date by 10 hours. Customer service would not help
me. Result: I spent the last night of my vacation with my girl friend
sleeping on a bench out in the rain. Yes they kicked us out of the
terminal!!!

4. Rude customer service!!!! When I told them they made a mistake
about the date change they said it was my fault!!!! When I asked the
supervisor (who referred to himself as a different name than that on
his ID bag) who I had talked to on the phone about the flight change
he refused to help me identify the women.

5. Oh and just for your information they now charge $5 to watch the
in-flight movies
Old November 13th, 2003, 02:10 AM
LVTravel

"Granola Bar" wrote in message
om...
If you're flying to Hawaii do your best to avoid using Hawaiian
airlines. These *******s completely ruined my vacation. Here is a
list of things that happened to me and why I suggest YOU not use them.

1. Crushed my bag so badly in handling that they cracked my notebook
computer in half and squeezed every bottle of shampoo and toothpaste
all over my luggage

Anyone who packs a laptop computer or any other expensive electronic gear in
carry-on luggage should have their head examined. Lucky it wasn't stolen.
Should have paid additional for insurance in case you are checking it.

2. Rude customer service they completely ignored me at counter when I
brought it to their attention that my baggage had been crushed. It
actually looked like it was hydraulically crushed in a conveyor belt
system.

And what was your attitude when you approached the counter to make the
complaint? Were you polite and talking in a normal voice or were you loud
and argumentative.

3. Charged me $100 to change flight date, the women on the phone
screwed up my flight date by 10 hours. Customer service would not help
me. Result: I spent the last night of my vacation with my girl friend
sleeping on a bench out in the rain. Yes they kicked us out of the
terminal!!!

Now a standard charge for non-full price tickets by most airlines for
changes. Any change makes you forfeit another $100.00 and normally the
price difference between the original ticket and any price increase due to
the new itinerary.

It is your responsibilty to make sure they get the dates, times and flight
cities correct before they finalize the booking. I'm sure that it was
repeated back to you when you made the reservations, and of course you wrote
all the information down and compared it to the outbound and return
itinerarys given to you by the airline when received. It wasn't their fault
that it wasn't checked. If the error had been brought to their attention
prior to the outbound flight they probably would have been more receptive to
a no cost change. (I made a mistake on a booking on HP a couple of years
ago by 1 day. Called immediately and they changed the date without
question.)

4. Rude customer service!!!! When I told them they made a mistake
about the date change they said it was my fault!!!! When I asked the
supervisor (who referred to himself as a different name than that on
his ID bag) who I had talked to on the phone about the flight change
he refused to help me identify the women.

I definately would have questioned him about the difference in names.
Rudeness is never appropriate, either in customer service or as the
customer.

5. Oh and just for your information they now charge $5 to watch the

in-flight movies.

This is also standard fare now in cattle class. Want to avoid the charge
and also get food on many flights, fly first class.

Old November 13th, 2003, 10:07 AM
alohacyberian

[...]

I'll repost the advice you received from a friend of mine in another
newsgroup where your complaint was off-topic in case you missed it:

Hawaiian ruined your trip, but YOU put a notebook computer in CHECKED
BAGGAGE??? You put shampoo and toothpaste in CHECKED BAGGAGE?? Toss 'em in
loose or did you at least use a ziplock? How 'bout some hairspray and nail
polish?? Anything else that could destroy your other possessions at high
altitude/low pressure???

I'm guessing that laptop was not in anything that looked like an Anvil case
or even a hard-side bag???

Did you get any sort of confirmation of flight date and time? Verbal? Email?
Written? Did the ticket match the confirmation? Where was the mistake???

The 10-hour error was on your flight OUT of HNL?? So you'd known about it for
how long? And you preferred sleeping on a bench in the rain to ponying up a
$100 change fee or paying $100 for another hotel night????

Do you know of any airlines that DON'T charge for the in-flight movies on
domestic flights??

And all these miseries are the fault of Hawaiian Airlines??? Whoa. Looks like
you set yourself up for disaster and then insisted on being miserable rather
than dealing with the problem.
~ Judy
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old November 13th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Mark Hewitt

"alohacyberian" wrote in message

Do you know of any airlines that DON'T charge for the in-flight movies on
domestic flights??

United.