Continuing the bad deal I made with Carnival Vacation Club

Old February 10th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Wayne Lundberg

Default Continuing the bad deal I made with Carnival Vacation Club

I am posting this only with the idea that if you read it and spread the word
you will be saving other people the trauma of having to deal with Carnival
Vacation Club.

Disclaimer... this note is NOT against Carnival... it is against the
Carnival Vacation Club who are licensing the name of Carnival and totally
out to destroy it through the negligent, fraudulent, misleading sales
presentations on Carnival Ships selling this club membership.

Many of you have read my past experiences. This is just one more to add to
the long list of what must be called misleading, or even fraud.

Happy with our first cruise on the Carnival Spirit, we signed up and paid
for what Carnival Vacation Club said would be three equivalent tours. When
we landed, we called our travel agent to book us the three cruises six
months apart. Guess what! Our points were only good for two cruises and we
had to pay extra for insurance and a simple upgrade from inside to a window.

All that in the past. Now... I want to confirm that our evening meal sitting
is early... guess what? Even though it was our first request when booking
our two... not three... but two cruises... we are in the late sitting.

How did I discover this? Not from Carnival Vacation Club, but a very
cooperative person at Carnival who broke the rules to give me this
information.

A letter to Dickenson, the Carnival CEO, was sent a month ago and I still
have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Please spread the word that Carnival Vacation Club is not affiliated with
Carnival, but are a bunch of con artists buying bulk space and selling it at
retail with promises of great stuff that simply is not happening. Carnival
is putting itself in the jaws of jackals and people should know it.

Yes... I'm old enough to know better. But the Carnival Vacation Club people
on board the Carnival Spirit represented themselves as Carnival people and I
bought in believing I was buying the kind of quality and service I had
enjoyed on that, my first cruise. Shame on Carnival! Shame on me!

Wayne

Old February 11th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Jim

Wayne,
When you posted this the first time I was very concerned and checked
into this myself. I approached them as a possible client and while I could
not afford to sign up even if I wanted to everything was explained quite
clearly and even if I had not been paying attention everything is right
there spelled out in the contract agreement. I could find nothing
mis-represented in their presentation or in anything they stated or claimed.
Sorry mate, if they didn't meet your desires then it appears to have been
your fault, or an isolated incident and not theirs.
Jim

Old February 11th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Wayne Lundberg

"Jim" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Jim, they lied to me. Period. They told me my cash payment was equivalent to
three cruises. I get two and have to pay extra. I asked for early dining. I
got second dining. And the litany goes on. Sorry, but they lied to me. And
yes, it's my fault because I failed to read the 27 pages of fine print
contractual paperwork because I BELIEVED they were Carnival people. They
never said they were not. Nor did I ask. Ergo, let the buyer beware; and
that is all I'm saying in my tirades in this and future other news groups as
I get wound up in what may become a campaign.

Wayne

Old February 11th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:55:15 GMT, Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Disclaimer... this note is NOT against Carnival... it is against the
Carnival Vacation Club who are licensing the name of Carnival

Wayne, no offense, really, but you got to grow up here.

Carnival knows exactly what CVC is doing, they endorse it by allowing them
to do it, so quit trying to separate the two.
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:43 AM
no e-mail

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Don't know anything about "buying three but get 2 cruises" part. But
what so big deal about REQUESTING early sitting but getting late
seating. Once you are on board, go change it right away. This can happen
to any cruiselines.
Old February 11th, 2005, 07:02 AM

We weren=92t impressed with our one Carnival cruise and most likely will
not sail that line again. But we are curious, the true nature of the
=93club=94 has been known by this group for several months. Does anyone now
if the sales people are still using smoke and mirrors=85

Old February 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
RICK DAVIS

While sailing on the Conquest with the Sleazy 3 I went to the CVC desk
and spoke to these people. Mostly out of curiosity, I began to ask them
questions. At first they didn't want to answer my questions. ANY of
them. They kept insisting that I sign up for the tour/presentation and
that would answer all my questions. I explained that I was not willing
to give up any of my cruise time unless they answered some of my basic
questions first. My vacation time is too valuable. Within just 3 to 5
minutes I had all the information I needed. They were selling cruises
at brochure rates and timeshare land vacations. If you wanted to
upgrade you needed to cash in more "points". It was NO deal. I knew
right then and there the CVC was just like everything else the cruise
lines sell....a money maker. Just like paying 3, 4 or 5 times the
normal cost of a ships tour vs. doing the exact same tour on your own.
Wayne, just accept it as one of lifes lessons. But, I do understand
your being angry. Nobody likes being taken advantage of.

Old February 11th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Fred

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
[...]

I know just the guy who reads here and services people like you. Contact him
and mention my name.

Paul W. Norris, Esq.
Stark & Stark, P.C.
P.O. Box 5315