Flexible plans...

Old April 17th, 2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Flexible plans...

We're planning to be in Prague either 30 JUN or 1 JUL -- don't quite yet know
what our travel plans are.

What is the likelihood I will be sleeping on a park bench if I arrive the
afternoon of the 30th without an advance reservation?

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:51:11 GMT, Frank Clarke
wrote:

We're planning to be in Prague either 30 JUN or 1 JUL -- don't quite yet know
what our travel plans are.

What is the likelihood I will be sleeping on a park bench if I arrive the
afternoon of the 30th without an advance reservation?

Very little!

It might take some time to find a place, you might pay a little more,
but there will ALWAYS be somewhere to rest your head.

Even given Prague's affluence and popularity, there should always be
someone who is willing to help out. Just be prepared to go the extra
mile.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"What is the likelihood I will be sleeping on a park bench if I arrive
the afternoon of the 30th without an advance reservation?"

You will definitely find some hotel room. The question is where it
will be or how much it will cost.

If you arrive in a city with no reservation, almost all major train
stations or airports have a tourist information center, and they will
hook you up with a room for (usually) a 5-10% commission.

I have never had any trouble finding a room, even in high season in the
most popular destinations. The only time it's really tough is if
there's a big event in a small place, like the Running of the Bulls in
Pamplona or the Palio in Siena.

Old April 18th, 2006, 07:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Iceman wrote:
"What is the likelihood I will be sleeping on a park bench if I arrive
the afternoon of the 30th without an advance reservation?"

You will definitely find some hotel room. The question is where it
will be or how much it will cost.

If you arrive in a city with no reservation, almost all major train
stations or airports have a tourist information center, and they will
hook you up with a room for (usually) a 5-10% commission.

I have never had any trouble finding a room, even in high season in
the most popular destinations. The only time it's really tough is if
there's a big event in a small place, like the Running of the Bulls in
Pamplona or the Palio in Siena.yes you are right

but june 2 is a national holiday in Italy
expect a lot of Italians crwoding the town

In any case
the offer of hotel rooms is more than it will be needed at any time
only prices will be higher
Normally you find a good 3 to 5 stars hotel at 70.00 eur night double room.