Dec. 8th - Jean O' & Geroge L.- Star Light Shower

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rick[_3_]

Default Dec. 8th - Jean O' & Geroge L.- Star Light Shower

I had heard a while back that those of us sailing Dec. 8th out of
Florida would be treated to a star show on the evening of Dec.8th.
Just wanted to share that info if you hadn't heard. Happy Star Gazing.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Rick" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had heard a while back that those of us sailing Dec. 8th out of
Florida would be treated to a star show on the evening of Dec.8th.
Just wanted to share that info if you hadn't heard. Happy Star Gazing.

Hi Rick,
I had not heard of this...thanks for the heads up!

--Jean

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Rick" wrote
I had heard a while back that those of us sailing Dec. 8th out of
Florida would be treated to a star show on the evening of Dec.8th.
Just wanted to share that info if you hadn't heard. Happy Star Gazing.

Close. Geminid Meteor Showers peak on December 14.
http://skytour.homestead.com/met2007.html#anchor_13

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

January 20, 2008 - GGC2008 - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote
I had heard a while back that those of us sailing Dec. 8th out of
Florida would be treated to a star show on the evening of Dec.8th.
Just wanted to share that info if you hadn't heard. Happy Star Gazing.

Close. Geminid Meteor Showers peak on December 14.
http://skytour.homestead.com/met2007.html#anchor_13

Dec.14th will be formal night on the Liberty of the Seas! Have to
remember!

--Jean

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

the 13th is formal nite. the 14th is the nite before we disembark. maybe
we'll be back close enough to florida to see it.

et...

Old November 4th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Rick wrote:
I had heard a while back that those of us sailing Dec. 8th out of
Florida would be treated to a star show on the evening of Dec.8th.
Just wanted to share that info if you hadn't heard. Happy Star Gazing.

Rick, thanks so much for reminding us about the meteor shower. It will
begin on the 8th, but it will peak on the 13th-14th, so keep your eyes
open. It will be one heck of a light show!

The moon is perfect, now let us hope the skies will not be cloudy.

Becca

Old November 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Dec.14th will be formal night on the Liberty of the Seas! Have to
remember!

--Jean

Jean, the Geminids meteor shower will peak on the 13th-14th, and you
will see up to 60 per hour. You can see meteors on other nights,
beginning on the 8th, like Rick mentioned. Those of us who get up to
use the facilities in the wee hours of the morning, will have to take a
look. See, there are some advantages to everything.

George and I will be on the Grand Princess, so I am crossing my fingers
and hoping it will not be cloudy. When he booked this cruise, I
mentioned to George that we would be able to see the Geminids, but this
is also our wedding anniversary. I have been so busy thinking about our
anniversary, that I forgot all about the Geminids. Thanks so much,
Rick, for reminding me, you are such a doll.

This is the 2nd time I will be cruising during the Geminids, the last
time, I was cruising with Howard and Eileen Garland. Many of you will
remember that Eileen has passed away. I will be thinking of her while I
watch the meteor showers.

Becca
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

answered inline:
"Becca" wrote in message
Jean, the Geminids meteor shower will peak on the 13th-14th, and you will
see up to 60 per hour. You can see meteors on other nights, beginning on
the 8th, like Rick mentioned. Those of us who get up to use the
facilities in the wee hours of the morning, will have to take a look.
See, there are some advantages to everything.

WOW! 60 per hour! Drink more water! ;-) So as to be sure that you don't
miss them!

George and I will be on the Grand Princess, so I am crossing my fingers
and hoping it will not be cloudy. When he booked this cruise, I mentioned
to George that we would be able to see the Geminids, but this is also our
wedding anniversary. I have been so busy thinking about our anniversary,
that I forgot all about the Geminids. Thanks so much, Rick, for reminding
me, you are such a doll.

I cannot believe that it is your anniversary time already, Becca and George!
Time just whizzes by.
For your anniversary, there will be no clouds! ;-)

This is the 2nd time I will be cruising during the Geminids, the last
time, I was cruising with Howard and Eileen Garland. Many of you will
remember that Eileen has passed away. I will be thinking of her while I
watch the meteor showers.

I think of Eileen often and have not heard from Howie in quite sometime. I
hope he is doing okay.

--Jean

Old November 4th, 2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Becca wrote:

but this
is also our wedding anniversary. I have been so busy thinking about our
anniversary, that I forgot all about the Geminids.

WOW....can't believe it is a year already!! Happy Anniversary ahead of
time and many, many more happy ones ahead!!

I was cruising with Howard and Eileen Garland. Many of you will
remember that Eileen has passed away. I will be thinking of her while I
watch the meteor showers.

I remember Eileen very well, she and I had been emailing each other. We
had been talking about getting together, but it never happened. I did
meet Howard at a luncheon a year or so ago.

sue