Honolulu airport

Old February 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM
Crooner

Default Honolulu airport

Hi everyone,

I have seven hours, middle of the day, between flights in and out of
Honolulu Airport. It appears the airport mini hotel has closed down. Does
the airport have shower facilities in the terminals?

Also, allowing for clearing customs on arrival and checking in at departure,
are there any attractions nearby worth seeing? I'm interested in history,
culture, outdoors. It will be late March.

Thanks,
Mel

Old February 21st, 2005, 05:04 PM
Ken

"Crooner" wrote in
:
Also, allowing for clearing customs on arrival and checking in at
departure, are there any attractions nearby worth seeing? I'm interested
in history, culture, outdoors. It will be late March.

Pearl Harbor is near the airport. I don't know if there is a direct public
bus, but rental car will be more time efficient anyway. There is a museum at
the harbor and you can take tours of the old battleship Missouri. The
battleship Arizona memorial is popular, but you will probably not be able to
get ferry tickets at the last minute.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:31 PM

When I visited Pearl Harbor in December of 1999 there was a bridge
to Ford Island and I rode over there on a bus to visit the
battleship Missouri.
Is that bridge still there?

Ken wrote:

"Crooner" wrote in
:

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

"Crooner" wrote in message

I have seven hours, middle of the day, between flights in and out of
Honolulu Airport. It appears the airport mini hotel has closed down. Does
the airport have shower facilities in the terminals?

There is a direct bus from Honolulu International Airport to Pearl Harbor and
the Arizona Memorial. I can't remember if it's city bus Route #19 or #20,
but, it could be both. You are invited to visit my Oahu webpage at:
http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/vOahu.html - click on "The Bus" for
schedules and you'll find history, culture, outdoors activities other
interesting things to do and sights to see on Oahu, but, you'll find no
advertising, no pop-ups, no cookies and nothing for sale. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
alohacyberian

"Ken" wrote in message
"Crooner" wrote in
:
Also, allowing for clearing customs on arrival and checking in at
departure, are there any attractions nearby worth seeing? I'm interested
in history, culture, outdoors. It will be late March.

Pearl Harbor is near the airport. I don't know if there is a direct public
bus,

There is a direct bus from Honolulu International Airport to Pearl Harbor and
the Arizona Memorial. I can't remember if it's city bus Route #19 or #20,
but, it could be both. You are invited to visit my Oahu webpage at:
http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/vOahu.html - click on "The Bus" for
schedules and you'll find other interesting things to do and sights to see on