peru vacation

Old October 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
claudia2790 claudia2790 is offline
Member

Default peru vacation

Hi, I'm planing a peru travel, my 2 friends and I want to go to machu picchu and to somewhere in the forest too, we have a site of peru vacations it seems to be a very good tour but I having some recommendations that we should trael by our own but my parents told me that I should take a tour to cusco and machu picchu because it is a popular destination and maybe i would have problems if we don't have a tour. what do you think?
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
tile

vacations' (http://www.totallyperu.com) it seems to be a very good
tour but I having some recommendations that we should trael by our
own but my parents told me that I should take a tour to cusco and
machu picchu because it is a popular destination and maybe i would
have problems if we don't have a tour. what do you think?

have a look at the official webpage of the National toruist officice in Peru

I have been to machu Picchu 10 yrs ago, and plan to return next year.
apparently, trains do not start anymore from Cuzco, but from a nearby train
station that will save you a couple of hours.
and apparently there is no monopoly anymore of trains going to Machu Picchu.
Actually, the train stops neat Machu Picchu, then you have to take a shuttle
bus

In my times, tickets were all sold out. I mean, travel agencies bought all
tickets and sold only guided tours. so just try to book yr ticket online
well in advance, or be prepared to pay an overprice.

Old October 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
claudia2790 claudia2790 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tile View Post

have a look at the official webpage of the National toruist officice in Peru

I have been to machu Picchu 10 yrs ago, and plan to return next year.
apparently, trains do not start anymore from Cuzco, but from a nearby train
station that will save you a couple of hours.
and apparently there is no monopoly anymore of trains going to Machu Picchu.
Actually, the train stops neat Machu Picchu, then you have to take a shuttle
bus

In my times, tickets were all sold out. I mean, travel agencies bought all
tickets and sold only guided tours. so just try to book yr ticket online
well in advance, or be prepared to pay an overprice.
thank you tile I'm searching for information everywhere, and I want to know a little more I think I'm going to travel to cusco with an angency, so I'm looking for the best deal.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
tile

claudia2790 wrote:
tile;982112 Wrote:

[...]

this is what I did. Of course, I paid a little more. But they picked me up
at my hotel, gave me a tour leader in Machu Picchu that explained
everything, then picked me up again and brought me to my hotel.

Pls note that trains do not leave anymore from Cuzco, but I think from
Ollyantambo. There is a webpage with schedules dedicated to the company
operating trains, both to Cuzco and to Puno.

Old November 27th, 2009, 02:26 AM
EffottNub EffottNub is offline
Banned

Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to EffottNub

Ive also posted the Totally Peru link under our Peru page - linked from our main Resources page.

Thanks.

Dave