Explorer of the Seas vs Crown Princess vs. Noordam and the winner is.....

Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jbear

Default Explorer of the Seas vs Crown Princess vs. Noordam and the winner is.....

This is an update to a previous post of mine and I would like to thank all
of the wonderful people who helped me make my decision. We are booked on
the Explorer of the Seas Oct 6 out of Bayonne, NJ. As one responder put it,
everyone should experience a Voyager Class ship at least once. Tough to
argue that point.

Thanks again all! I do have some questions that I'll put in a separate
post.

Jerry Maras

Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Default Explorer of the Seas vs Crown Princess vs. Noordam and thewinn...

You will be very happy with you final decision. Voyager Class Ships are
just amazing.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"jbear" wrote in message
This is an update to a previous post of mine and I would like to thank all
of the wonderful people who helped me make my decision. We are booked on
the Explorer of the Seas Oct 6 out of Bayonne, NJ. As one responder put
it, everyone should experience a Voyager Class ship at least once. Tough
to argue that point.

Thanks again all! I do have some questions that I'll put in a separate
post.

Jerry Maras

You won't have the best food... and you won't have the best service... but
the Voyager Ships are SO INCREDIBLE... I agree... they need to be
experienced at least once.

And for those who say they don't like large ships... Voyager ships aren't
much longer... they're just a lot wider. So it's not really any more
walking than any other large ship.

--Tom

Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Tom K wrote:

You won't have the best food... and you won't have the best service... but
the Voyager Ships are SO INCREDIBLE... I agree... they need to be
experienced at least once.

We sailed on Voyager a few years ago and we are on Explorer in a
few weeks. I'm sure the food won't be the best but is it that
much worse than the other two ships the OP was considering?

And I do hope that it will be better than Grandeur last year.

And for those who say they don't like large ships... Voyager ships aren't
much longer... they're just a lot wider. So it's not really any more
walking than any other large ship.

I think the concern that people have is more the number of
people rather than the length of the ship, no?

Bill
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Bill" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

You won't have the best food... and you won't have the best service...
but
the Voyager Ships are SO INCREDIBLE... I agree... they need to be
experienced at least once.

We sailed on Voyager a few years ago and we are on Explorer in a
few weeks. I'm sure the food won't be the best but is it that
much worse than the other two ships the OP was considering?

And I do hope that it will be better than Grandeur last year.

And for those who say they don't like large ships... Voyager ships aren't
much longer... they're just a lot wider. So it's not really any more
walking than any other large ship.

I think the concern that people have is more the number of
people rather than the length of the ship, no?

Bill

I've experienced no concerns over the number of people on our 2 cruises on
Voyager class ships (Navigator and Mariner). We even tendered in Labadee,
Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and didn't have any issues with tendering the
number of people.

And as a point of reference, Carnival puts only 100 people less on their
Conquest class ships (all berths on both ships), and those are much smaller
ships.

Voyager class ships handle the number of people extremely well.

--Tom