Where is what's her name?

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

Default Where is what's her name?

Lol
Read martin and michaelnewpoort instead.

"singlemalt" a écrit dans le message de
No disrespect intended but there used to be a lady who lived in Italy and
posted frequently on this board. I have forgotten her nom de ordinateur
and I just realized yesterday that I had not seen her postings for some
time. She was very civilized and measured in her postings, a Princeton
grad, I believe, and made, IMO, many valuable contributions. Any 411,
anyone?. If Ms. Mystery Lady is reading this, your presence is missed.

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

Did you notice you weren't the lady he referred to ????

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" a écrit dans le
message de ...

JohnT wrote:
"singlemalt" wrote in message
No disrespect intended but there used to be a lady who lived in Italy
and posted frequently on this board. I have forgotten her nom de
ordinateur and I just realized yesterday that I had not seen her
postings for some time. She was very civilized and measured in her
postings, a Princeton grad, I believe, and made, IMO, many valuable
contributions. Any 411, anyone?. If Ms. Mystery Lady is reading this,
your presence is missed.

I assume that you mean Barbara Vaughan. And wtf is a 411?

"411" is the number Americans dial for telephone "Information". Since
cellphone texting has further corrupted our language, it is the
abbreviation used instead of the more comprehensible "info".

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

Because he is in love with a diploma.

"yeadeagisss" a écrit
dans le message de ...
singlemalt wrote:

BTW, what the **** does "wtf" stand for?

Whiskey tango foxtrot, of course. Why do you ask?

Old August 5th, 2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

wrote in message

Way to be parochial.

Unfortunately none of us realize we are being parochial if it is something
we say on a regular basis in our everyday lives.

Which is the definition of parochialism: "I don't care" or "I never check
these things"

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
M.......

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:31:15 +0100, JohnT wrote:

Barbara Vaughan

got fed up and left along with Padraig and DFM
--
M..........
google-groups killfiled
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ALAN HARRISON[_2_]

"M......." wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:31:15 +0100, JohnT wrote:

Barbara Vaughan

got fed up and left along with Padraig and DFM

Yeah, driven away by the off-topic crap.

Alan Harrison

Old August 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
me[_5_]

On Aug 5, 1:55*am, "grusl" wrote:
wrote in message

Way to be parochial.

Unfortunately none of us realize we are being parochial if it is something
we say on a regular basis in our everyday lives.

Which is the definition of parochialism: "I don't care" or "I never check
these things"

Not by most definitions. The usual definition is something
associated
with "narrow view". He took it further to suggest that it was an
"unconscious"
narrow view. You are suggesting a more self fulfilling form.
Basically the expression
was a colloquialism. I think it is a quick leap from using informal
language to
being parochial.
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

No, by the martin michaelnewpoort gang
Yeah it's the same

"ALAN HARRISON" a écrit dans le