Accor Hotel Members discounts

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Qanset

Default Accor Hotel Members discounts

This Hotel Group is offering a miserable 10% discount on hotels
associated with Accor. There is a 50% discount on meals at Accor Hotels

Member ship fee is $289.00 yearly. The first nights accomodation is free
with subsequent nights at only 10%

Is this a really good deal???. They are kean to get my membership, but I
just dont return their calls.
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

"Qanset" wrote in message
This Hotel Group is offering a miserable 10% discount on hotels associated
with Accor. There is a 50% discount on meals at Accor Hotels

Member ship fee is $289.00 yearly. The first nights accomodation is free
with subsequent nights at only 10%

Is this a really good deal???. They are kean to get my membership, but I
just dont return their calls.

They also offer a "guaranteed" room.

When I was working in a town where the only affordable hotel was an Ibis,
which consequently was often fully booked, I did think about taking them up
on the offer. But then I thought, "how do they actually perform on this
guarantee if the hotel really is full"?

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

"Qanset" wrote in message
This Hotel Group is offering a miserable 10% discount on hotels associated
with Accor. There is a 50% discount on meals at Accor Hotels

Member ship fee is $289.00 yearly. The first nights accomodation is free
with subsequent nights at only 10%

Is this a really good deal???. They are kean to get my membership, but I
just dont return their calls.

It depends on your travel paterns and the particular Accor hotels you stay
at. Accor's properties include everything from full service properties,
mostly in Europe, to bottom-level budget properties (Red Roof and Motel 6)
in the U.S. In the full service properties, the deal may be worthwhile for
you; if you utilize their U.S. properties, probably not.

Jeff

Old March 26th, 2009, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Qanset

Jeff Hacker wrote:
"Qanset" wrote in message
This Hotel Group is offering a miserable 10% discount on hotels
associated with Accor. There is a 50% discount on meals at Accor Hotels

Member ship fee is $289.00 yearly. The first nights accomodation is
free with subsequent nights at only 10%

Is this a really good deal???. They are kean to get my membership, but
I just dont return their calls.

It depends on your travel paterns and the particular Accor hotels you
stay at. Accor's properties include everything from full service
properties, mostly in Europe, to bottom-level budget properties (Red
Roof and Motel 6) in the U.S. In the full service properties, the deal
may be worthwhile for you; if you utilize their U.S. properties,
probably not.

Jeff

I noticed that after paying the $289.00, they offer you a free night.
Logically it's not a Free night because your $289.00 covers the cost of
the room. There's no gain. Most of us might be better off surfing
various web sites (EG Hotelclub.com) for the best deals.