HAWAII CRUISE QUESTION

Old April 30th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Sonny

Default HAWAII CRUISE QUESTION

Thinking about taking a 10 day cruise to Hawaii. Can someone tell me the
best months to do that? .... Thanks

Old April 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Dave

"Sonny" wrote in message
Thinking about taking a 10 day cruise to Hawaii. Can someone tell me the
best months to do that? .... Thanks

I've done 2 Eastbound repositioning Hawaii to Vancouver cruises in
April/May, and 3 Westbound Vancouver to Hawaii cruises in September/October
and have had great weather on each occasion. Have another cruise booked for
this fall to Hawaii as well.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong no matter which month you pick
for Hawaii.

Happy planning and have a great cruise!

Dave

Old April 30th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Howie

Had perrect weather in January, but this may have been a fluke.

Howie

Old April 30th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Craig

Sonny:
At this point I can't tell you from actual experience. However we are
sailing on Celebrity's Infinity May 9th from Ensenada to Hawaii.
Perhaps a few updates along the way will be coming your way.

regards,
Craig Pavlus
http://res.cheapertravel.com

Old April 30th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Pea

I like to go when the humpback whales are there. They are most
prevalent between January and April. We went in March and the weather
and whales were fantastic!

Pea

Old May 1st, 2004, 12:20 PM
MJDEEG

What do you suggest seeing, Bchbound?
We did Hawwii by land last time, this time it will be by sea.

Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:57 PM
Howie

Bchbound wrote:

The weather in Hawaii varies little. It is a great place but I must say
if you want to see Hawaii go to Hawaii and stay there. It is well worth
the trip as opposed to a cruise destination... Sorry all you diehard
cruisers but that is my opinion..

Bchbound

I agree and disagree. I think cruising Hawaii was a wonderful (and
inexpensive) way to get a good feel for what it has to offer. Sampling
four different Islands, if I ever go back, I now know that Kauai would
be my choice for a place to stay.

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:11 AM
Dick Goldhaber

We love Hawaii, Howie, but I don't think that either of us would want to
vacation there. I agree (and we have now been there three times by HAL)
that you get a sampling of what the islands have to offer.

We have been to the Arizona Memorial twice and while it is well worth it and
should not be missed, on most days there will be a long wait.

We went to a luau in Lahaina, and did the volcano tour. Aside from that,
and renting a car in Honolulu (a big mistake) most of the time we just went
out on our own.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:14 AM
Howie

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

We love Hawaii, Howie, but I don't think that either of us would want to
vacation there. I agree (and we have now been there three times by HAL)
that you get a sampling of what the islands have to offer.

We have been to the Arizona Memorial twice and while it is well worth it and
should not be missed, on most days there will be a long wait.

We went to a luau in Lahaina,

Heard the luau was a real ripoff. Kinda like just a buffet. What did
you think, Dick?

Howie