USA Continues to Abuse Innocent UK Tourists

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Marie Lewis

Default USA Continues to Abuse Innocent UK Tourists

"mrtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...
Marie Lewis wrote:

"mrtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...

S.Byers wrote:

Savinder Bual, 28, from Merton, south London, flew to America at the
end of March to make an educational film.

Your subject line says "tourist". It sounds like there was an intent to
make a film while traveling under VWP. This doesn't make her a tourist.

I went to France some years ago, with a video recorder to make a film

about
Oradour for my class. That did not make me anything but a tourist. Of

a 4
week trip I spent 2 hours on the film. I did not get paid. I am not a
filom maker, I was a teacher.

Great, but what does that have to do with someone whose job it is to
make films?

I'm sorry. Where did the quote say she was a professional film maker?
I must have missed that bit. If so, I apologise for offending your
sensibilities.

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
mrtravelkay

Marie Lewis wrote:

"mrtravelkay" wrote in message
gy.com...

S.Byers wrote:

Savinder Bual, 28, from Merton, south London, flew to America at the
end of March to make an educational film.

Your subject line says "tourist". It sounds like there was an intent to
make a film while traveling under VWP. This doesn't make her a tourist.

I went to France some years ago, with a video recorder to make a film

about

Oradour for my class. That did not make me anything but a tourist. Of

a 4

week trip I spent 2 hours on the film. I did not get paid. I am not a
filom maker, I was a teacher.

Great, but what does that have to do with someone whose job it is to
make films?

I'm sorry. Where did the quote say she was a professional film maker?
I must have missed that bit. If so, I apologise for offending your
sensibilities.

It wasn't in the post here. The info is elsewhere. rta isn't the only
place with information on this.

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:19 PM
pltrgyst

On Tue, 18 May 2004 07:20:54 +0200, "Sjoerd" wrote:

schreef in bericht
.. .
On Mon, 17 May 2004 21:10:19 +0200, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

cases, is fit to be allied with a member of the EU.

Learn how to quote. I didn't write that.

Learn how to read nested quotes -- it doesn't say you wrote that.

-- Larry

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM
nobody

well it was after he broke the law here before...

that's 2 strikes right there.

--
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER W/ 25 LICENSES

Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:45 AM
Dave Moorman

In article
,
"alohacyberian" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
So let me make sure I understand this.....100 complaints out of 4 million
visitors.

Matt

And how many are chronic malcontents who would complain no matter what? KM

Law enforcement people, let alone immigration officers, here in the
States are definitely edgier and exerting their "authority" in a variety
of ways. Abuse of innocent folks is way up. It's not only British
citizens who should be complaining, but US citizens as well.

9/11 really messed us up in a few different ways. Let's hope the next
group of "leaders" will have something positive to do about it.

Dave
Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:04 PM
Jan

(S.Byers) wrote in message om...
UK Tourists urged to go elsewhere. SB.

North America
May 02, 2004
The Sunday Times

As the USA puts the squeeze on tourists we find classic America
elsewhere

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...096842,00.html

May 16, 2004

The Sunday Times

And the abuse goes on ....

what a crock. Have you ever heard the expression "People who live in
glass houses....?" - most countries put the squeeze on tourists at
some time or another, including the good old UK, which has being so
for decades.

Jan in Oz
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:36 AM
devil

S.Byers wrote:

Savinder Bual, 28, from Merton, south London, flew to America at the
end of March to make an educational film.

Your subject line says "tourist". It sounds like there was an intent to
make a film while traveling under VWP. This doesn't make her a tourist.

Also the story about Neil Forrester doesnt ring true.
You dont get banned from entering the USA for
10 years for being denied entry under the VWP.

The other thing that does not ring true is about the INS knowing about
overstay information back before 9/11.

There is no way that the VW I94W cards would ever have been processed upon
exit. I would typically keep mine and they would be collected by US
immigration upon my next entry after they would have expired.

Add to that how much of a bureaucratic disaster the INS was...

Old May 28th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Gary L. Dare

AJC wrote:

It is sad to see so many Americans now beaten in to submission by
their government's propaganda machine. They will now even defend the
shackling of an innocent visitor mistakenly accused of some petty
technical offence, simply due to failings in the US immigration
system.

Would it make you feel better to know that even born US citizens
are being given equal treatment? )-;

Brandon Mayfield

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=24535

gld

Old May 28th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Gary L. Dare

Scaley_KnobEnd wrote:

The UK is a major conduit for terrorists.
its also a major enclave for terrorists.

Agree ... but so is every developed country including the US.
Of the seven people pointed out by Ashcroft on Wednesday
(after his people failed to get him a normal slot on morning
network talk shows!), six are old news. The new face was
an American from California (not John Walker-Lindh):

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/05/27/ter...eat/index.html

gld