I recently had the worst moules-frites in the world...

Old June 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Frank Hucklenbroich

Default I recently had the worst moules-frites in the world...

Am Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:27:10 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):

Doug Anderson wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" writes:

Jack Campin wrote:
I personally would find it too risky to eat mussels in the warm
season, as it can make you seriously ill, if one of them is bad
(botulism).
No risk of botulism, but there is a risk of other food-borne
infections.
One of the nastiest is amnesic shellfish poisoning, which can cause
permanent brain damage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesic...fish_poisoning
Clearly there's a REASON for the old adage not to eat mollusks during
months with an "r" in the name!

The adage I learned was "never eat mussels on a day ending in 'y'."

In which language? (In English, all seven end in "y"!)

Even me as e German got that joke quicker than you ;-)

SCNR,

Frank
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

M@gd@ wrote:

"Pomme" is a fruit - apple. "Pommes de terre" are potatoes.

Of course, if you say "pommes frites" no one will think you go around frying apples...

Although in the U.S. they sometimes do - with breakfast pancakes, or
with pork chops.
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:26:10 +0100, (David Horne)
wrote:
Will do. It's just down from the new Jamie's Italian, and they're

both
on the list to try...

I tried a Jamie's Italian in Oxford recently. Not very good and poor
value for money.
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:01:26 +0200, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:55:40 +0200, "M@gd@"

wrote:
Who killed August??

Mark Anthony dunnit.

More the other way around.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
David Horne[_2_]

wrote:
Will do. It's just down from the new Jamie's Italian, and they're

both
on the list to try...

I tried a Jamie's Italian in Oxford recently. Not very good and poor
value for money.

I've yet to try it.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Runge 667

good.

groupe de discussion :