The Ten Commandments of r.t.r.ai

Old March 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Greg Johnson

Default The Ten Commandments of r.t.r.ai

Now that there's a "new sheriff in town" I would suggest that the
automatic post confirmation be discontinued along with its ten
restrictive covenants. Judging by early responses they were largely
responsible for the group's slide into near oblivion. Only two rules
are necessary for a productive group - 1) Stay on topic - 2) No abuse.
Party on.

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Why would you want to discontinue the automatic post confirmation? I myself like it so taht I know my post got through to the moderator. We do the same thing on the other moderated group I'm involved in.

As to the old rules, they are no longer being enforced at this time.

Old March 9th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Greg Johnson

I get enough e-mail as it is, I'll know the post got through when it
shows up. Perhaps an e-mail with the reason could be sent only for the
(hopefully) few that get rejected.

Another suggestion is that the moderator post on a follow-up rather than
as a footnote to the post he is responding to. I generally do not read
my own posts and woud have missed those comments had I not noticed the
practice on another thread.