Cruise Insurance Question

Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:28 PM

Default Cruise Insurance Question

Anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with for Cruise
Insurance.
Thanks,
george_ronnie @ hotmail.com

Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Charles

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't
limit your health coverage to the U.S.?

We have no such limitation.

Most people don't have a choice, their employer only offers one plan.
And don't forget those on Medicare.

--
Charles
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't
limit your health coverage to the U.S.?

We have no such limitation.

Most people don't have a choice, their employer only offers one plan.
And don't forget those on Medicare.

For most people, even when you have a choice of plans, they don't
include coverage outside the US.

sue

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:16 PM
Kurt Ullman

In article , Sue and Kevin
Mullen wrote:

For most people, even when you have a choice of plans, they don't
include coverage outside the US.

You may want to ask around. For instance, the last three policies I had, paid for coverage outside the US,
BUT you had to pay for it and then submit for reimbursement. That is how my
current one works. However, I always get the health insurance with the travel
insurance because of the fact they usually take care of it directly and it
doesn't cost a bunch extra. ALso, I have never gotten a real clear answer on
payment for flying me back if I get sick.
Medicare doesn't pay outside the US under any circumstances.

--
Addendumb: What lawyers add to contracts to mess up a perfectly
good working relationship with an editor. (stolen from Dan Ferber on
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:19 AM
0 O

Travel insurance includes transportation off ship to hospital --

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:47 AM
RTCReferee

Charles lid wrote:

Most people don't have a choice, their employer only offers one plan. And
don't forget those on Medicare.

We are too young for Medicare, but I Googled "medicare outside united.states"
and came up with the following:

http://medicare.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...r/std_adp.php?
p_sid=dj7zD47h&p_lva=&p_faqid=59&p_created=9940754 83&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9n
cmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTUwJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9b3 V0c2lkZSB1bml0ZWQgc3RhdG
VzJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9MyZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBf Y2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9z
b3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

Sorry that is such a long link. It would be better, perhaps, to go to the
Medicare help page at http://medicare.custhelp.com

"Question: Does Medicare cover me when I travel outside of the United States?

Answer:
*
The Original Medicare Plan does not cover health care when you travel outside
the United States, except for some emergency situations in Mexico and Canada.
In rare cases, Medicare can pay for inpatient hospital services that you get in
Canada or Mexico. Medicare can pay only if:

* You are in the United States when a medical emergency occurs and the
Canadian or Mexican hospital is closer than the nearest U.S. hospital that can
treat the emergency.

* You are traveling through Canada without unreasonable delay by the most
direct route between Alaska and another state when a medical emergency occurs
and the Canadian hospital is closer than the nearest U.S. hospital that can
treat the emergency.*

* You live in the United States and the Canadian or Mexican hospital is
closer to your home than the nearest U.S. hospital that can treat your medical
condition, regardless of whether an emergency exists.

Some Medicare*managed care*plans may provide worldwide coverage benefits for
health care needs when you travel outside the United States. You should check
with your Medicare managed care plan prior to traveling outside of the United
States regarding worldwide coverage benefits.

Medigap policies C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J provide Foreign Travel Emergency
health care coverage when you travel outside the United States. Under these
plans, Medigap policies pay for 80% of the cost of emergency care during the
first 60 days of each trip after you pay the $250 deductible. Foreign Travel
Emergency coverage with Medigap policies have a lifetime limit of $50,000.
Check with your plan or insurance regarding your coverage before you travel
outside the country. For information about what these Medigap policies cover
and if they are offered in your area, visit the Medicare Personal Plan Finder .
"

I hope this information helps some readers.
Old March 24th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Charles

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

We are too young for Medicare,

I am also too young for Medicare. A major reason I purchase travel
insurance is that I desire medical evacuation coverage. My medical
insurance will not pay for that. Another reason is for the trip
cancelation and interuption coverage. I almost had to cancel one trip
because of illness of a family member.

--
Charles