Sailing, sailing over the bounding Main.

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Sailing, sailing over the bounding Main.

Saw the ice show twice on EXPLORER of the SEAS,and yes they were
fantastic,never saw any like it ,and we have seen many.
also like the way they have tempered glass sliding doors in the bathroom
on the shower.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

We have done the nile cruise,and it tops all the rest,would love to do
it again,but will not fly anymore, it's too much hassel to take when one
is 83

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:59:41 -0800 (PST), O'Donovan, PJ, Himself
wrote:

On Dec 13, 12:01*pm, necromancer
Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:50:22 -0800 (PST), "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"

wrote:
We disembarked this morning and I am posting this from a Hampton Inn
in Valdosta Georgia on our way back driving to our mountain house in
North Georgia.

We were on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas calling in the Bahamas,
St Martin, St Thomas, 12/5/2010 to 12/12/2010 out of Port
Canaveral. First time on a large luxury cruise liner for my wife and
myself solely because we wanted to spend time with a son. daughter in
law, and two of our teen age granddaughters. They had booked this
cruise after cruising the same ship to the Western Caribbean during
Easter break 2010

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip, O'Donovan. Now that you are back
in GA from the sunny Carribbean how are you enjoying our cold snap?

--
"I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition
*was to eat, drink and be Mary."

Just arrived home up here in the mountains after driving I 75/85
through Atlanta from Valdosta GA where we stayed overnight .

Metro Atlanta was busy as usual but no gridlock so we sailed through
and picked up I 575 to go north outside of Marietta. We noticed some
snow on the sides of the road around Canton and the snow cover
gradually increased of course as the elevation increased going north.

That's what one of my partners who lives in Canton was telling me. He
works a data center near downtown and called to let me know that
Hartsfield and most travel was clear, glad you got through without a
problem.

Traffic was noticeably lighter than usual. When we got to Jasper I
noticed the roads were being salted but since my thermometer in the
car was registering 21F ice patches were on the road and I avoided
getting too close to vehicles I was following because they were
throwing water and salt clouding the windshield. We stopped off at our
local post office to pick up our mail and noticed patches of ice on
the side roads and this older fella had to walk carefully in the
parking lot because of ice patches.

Our mountain house is at 2000 ft elevation and the side roads to it
were packed with snow over ice in places particularly in evergreen
shaded areas. We have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne SUV with 87000 miles now
and engaged the 4wheel drive mechanism and made it up the hill which
was covered with snow to our house just fine.

Whoo nice, "second" car, had several Porsches (inc a 4WD 911T and a
GT3) until I went rogue with a 430. lol

The worst problem I had was with the squeels from my wife when she got
out of the car both to go to the bathroom at a convenient store
earlier and for lunch at a Shoney's somewhere north of Macon as the
frigid wind blasts hit her in her summer clothes she was still wearing
for the Caribbean cruise.

*LOL*

The Royal Caribbean, Freedom of the Seas. eastern Caribbean was a
great cruise and my wife and I may have become hooked on cruising
after our first cruise but it is also still nice to be home
again

Contagious it is. We're Platimum RCers and prefer the eastern routes
but let me make a suggestion.

Consider the Radiance Class particularly the Brilliance and Jewel
which does a regular tour of the Western and Southern Carib, 11-13
days depending on the itinerary. The Brilliance is a great ship,
slightly smaller but easier to get around and beautifully finished.

This itinerary catches the Caymans (eh..), Costa Rica after a partial
Panama Canal (to Gatun lake), down to the ABCs and over to the
Grenadines, etc

Take a look.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2u7sbxd

If you can get an aft cabin you're great to go as there is a secret
passage to the bar on the 8th deck right above/below you.

Our best RCL cruise by far.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:05:36 -0500, Surfer E2468 wrote:

Saw the ice show twice on EXPLORER of the SEAS,and yes they were
fantastic,never saw any like it ,and we have seen many.
also like the way they have tempered glass sliding doors in the bathroom
on the shower.

How did you jump from ice shows to bathroom doors in one post-leap?
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:55 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Chip Wood

On 12/13/2010 9:30 AM, Rich Greene wrote:

Cruises are not for everyone. I know people that have went on one cruise
and vowed never to go again for some reason. Myself, I love them and if I
could afford it, I would buy a suite on the World and sail the world. Rough
seas don't bother me at all.

When we sailed on the QE2 there was a widow lady who had a permanent
suite on-board. That was her home.

Chip
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:01 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
necromancer[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Not too much of a problem with that down here on the coast. While it
is quite chilly here (by our standards anyways) there are few problems
with ice save for the occaisional errant sprinkler system...

Our mountain house is at 2000 ft elevation and the side roads to it
were packed with snow over ice in places particularly in evergreen
shaded areas. We have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne SUV with 87000 miles now
and engaged the 4wheel drive mechanism and made it up the hill which
was covered with snow to our house just fine.

The worst problem I had was with the squeels from my wife when she got
out of the car both to go to the bathroom at a convenient store

I went to J-ville for the Jags/Raiders game yesterday. While it was a
little nippy (fortunately the rain had moved out by game time) the
wind on the ride home was the worst problem I encountered.

earlier and for lunch at a Shoney's somewhere north of Macon as the
frigid wind blasts hit her in her summer clothes she was still wearing
for the Caribbean cruise.

There's still Shoney's restaurants out there? Most of their locations
around here and in Jacksonville/St Augustine closed a few months
ago...

I unlocked and opened the door of our house when we arrived and it was
a welcomely cozy. Our 14 year old hound dog, Rusty, greeted us
enthusiastically when I opened the door. He had gotten extremely
depressed when we put him in the kennel as we did in his younger years
but in his twilight years we invest in a pet sitter who comes to the
house to check his food, let him out to do his business at miday and
then she returns after her work day is over as a clerk/ receptionist
at a local Animal Hospital to remain overnight with him..

Its nice that you were able to find a sitter for him. One of the
hardest parts of going on a road trip for me is leaving my mutt behind
whether it is at the vet's or with my parents.

The Royal Caribbean, Freedom of the Seas. eastern Caribbean was a
great cruise and my wife and I may have become hooked on cruising
after our first cruise but it is also still nice to be home
again

--
"You jump in front of my car when you,
you know all the time that
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:01:30 -0500, necromancer wrote:

There's still Shoney's restaurants out there? Most of their locations
around here and in Jacksonville/St Augustine closed a few months
ago...

Really, shame that. Good Jewish guy Shoenbaum, financed by the Belz
family. They still have their Squirrel software to sell though.
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:08 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"John Rennie" wrote in message
On 13/12/2010 15:14, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Earl wrote in message
On 12/12/10 23:03, in article , "Ari
Silverstein, wrote:

We disembarked this morning and I am posting this from a Hampton Inn
in Valdosta Georgia on our way back driving to our mountain house in
North Georgia.

Better get through Atlanta between 1400 and 1530 or you are
screwed...even on a Sunday.

He has to get to his house before foreclosure.

The green eyed monster of jealousy has spoken!
For those of you who do not know the Evleths, they are ex-patriots who
have
chosen France as their home and take every opportunity to criticize and
demean the USA and our way of living. Every thing is better in France,
(so
they say!) They post from an apartment in Paris. Thus the scorn they have
for anyone who is fortunate and able to cruise....or own a home...or a
car...When one is envious, one minimizes what others enjoy doing and
having.
Not so much his wife, but most certainly Earl, who looks down on others
with
his "petite bourgeoisie" remark as noted in his previous post...Sad. He
forgets he is posting to a group that loves cruising and have many cruise
experiences under their belts and will continue to cruise.

--Jean

So you love cruising, Jean. You must relate your experiences.
I know of no other group so eager to hear about them.

So I do, John, having been on 52 of them with three booked this year so
far... I have related my experiences to rec.travel.cruises and to the
cruising groups to which I belong... I am sure that all the included
newsgroups in these postings are not interested, thus I am deleting all but
three that you might be in so that you receive this. From now on I'll
refrain posting to all but the travel cruise newsgroups. I assume that you
are in Europe?

--Jean

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:43:06 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Earl Evleth" wrote in message
On 13/12/10 16:14, in article ,
"Jean
O'Boyle" wrote:

He has to get to his house before foreclosure.

They post from an apartment in Paris.

And not subject to foreclosure, in fact
Parisian real estate is 20% in a year.

Nor is my four bedroom two garage home, Earl...It is paid for in full...has
been for fifteen years.

Wonderful, mobile homes aren't getting cheaper, jeannie!

Not everyone's home in the USA is in foreclosure, just those who bought
homes even though they knew that they could not meet the payments.

What a crock. A complete fabrication, stick to nursing and Google
"elective foreclosure".

Living in France, you are not very well informed about what is really going
on in this country, especially depending on today's media for your
information. You have been indoctrinated to believe that everything is
better in France...well, it's NOT!

--Jean

Go swab out your eyes, he never said it was.

Troll.
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:14:03 -0600, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

For those of you who do not know the Evleths, they are ex-patriots who have
chosen France as their home

Speaking of ex-pats, how's the daughter who ran off pregnant to Africa
several years ago?

PKB, Jeannie.