American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old January 1st, 2004, 04:47 PM
Hatunen

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 06:15:07 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
Americans do enjoy freedoms other than the ones you "can think of" and

they
will continue to do so without your knowledge or acknowledgement of those
freedoms. If you don't want to believe those freedoms exist, be my guest.

But apparently you can't give any examples.

Sjoerd and I are usually at loggerheads, but seem to have some
common ground here. As a Netherlander he comes from a country
with a long history of freedoms that other countries did not
have, the prime example being their acceptance of the Puritans
who fled persecution in England and then migrated to
Massachusetts to set up their own intolerant theocracy.

Not to ignore any problems the Dutch may ahve had in their
colonies although they were certainly more enlightened than, say,
Belgium (or at least its king).

Old January 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM
devil

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:12:10 +0000, alohacyberian wrote:

"devil" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:31:13 +0000, alohacyberian wrote:
"devil" wrote in message
news Therefore, the Chernobyl meltdown didn't occur? Most nuclear power plants

in
the United States are owned by public utility corporations, not

government
agencies. Then again, the Ark was made by an amateur and the Titanic was

made
by experts. KM

????

The scientific community does not operate power plants. Anywhere in the
world. Regardless of plant ownership.

You are quite mistaken. In the United States anyone can buy stock and be an
owner in publically traded corporations. People frequently buy stock areas
where they have worked or have expertise, in fact some get ownernship as part
of their salaries. KM

????

So what? What relationship does that have with the issue. Sure, anyone
can buy shares of anything. That still does not put scientists in charge
of power plants.

Scientists do research. Not power plants.

Old January 1st, 2004, 06:03 PM
Gregory Morrow

alohacyberian wrote:

There's also economics, I don't know many people who could buy a fleet of
747s, an original Rembrandt, were one available for sale, or an exact

replica
of the Queen Elizabeth II. There are countries that offer enough economic
freedom that gives any citizen with the acumen and desire to become
millionaires. The United States is one of those countries, Vietnam, Cuba

and
North Korea are not. KM

Saudi Arabia is one these "rich" countries, but I daresay hardly anyone in
their right mind would willingly choose to live there.

--
Best
Greg

Old January 1st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Keith Anderson

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:35:47 GMT, john
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:15:57 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 04:34:34 GMT, john
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:41:57 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:15:58 GMT, john
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:31:05 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

I guess then, you obviously approve of changing the definition of
marriage to include any combination of several men and several women.
Is that correct?

Shucks. I kind of like my car. maybe I could marry it, eh?

Why don't you answer the question I asked you?

Here it is again:

I guess then, you obviously approve of changing the definition of
marriage to include any combination of several men and several women.
Is that correct?

No.

Consider it answered.

Now you answer me a coouple of questions:

Do you consider a marriage between three men and three women to
be comparable to a one on one marriage between two gay males or
females?

Do you consider a marriage between a human and an animal to be
comparable to a marriage between two gay males or females?

I stated that once you go to change the traditional definition of
marriage then "anything goes".

I thought the traditional definition of marriage is that it is made up
of three rings:

engagement ring
wedding ring
and
suffering
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
David Horne

Hatunen wrote:

Sjoerd and I are usually at loggerheads,

I called someone from the phone once while been driven in a car, and did
actually say "We're at Loggerheads just now." I gather there are quite a
few in the world!

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old January 2nd, 2004, 04:57 AM

Hi,

well Atlanta is... different.

I can't say I'd like it either and I only live a few hundred miles away.

some people really like it... the frat boy fraternity drunken party type
it seems.

they like Dallas too.

I know some folks that have moved to places they really didn't like for
the money... and a set time contract... with the specific idea of going
back wherever and using the higher pay they were making in city xyz to
justify a higher salary "back home" in a lower cost but friendlier place.

though A'dam is hard to beat.

Sjoerd wrote:
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht

You have spent countless hours bashing Americans and the United States

while

inventorying its transgressions. Why the hell would you want to live in

the

U.S.? It actually offers something the Netherlands doesn't offer? Double
standard?

It offered the opportunity to live and work in another country / culture,
which I would like to do for some years, and about 50% higher net-income.
However, after visiting Atlanta (where they wanted me to live and work), I
decided that my quality of life would deteriorate substantially and I
declined the job offer.

Sjoerd

--

*Derringer Kit Gun Sideplates*

Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:13 AM

Sjoerd wrote:

But, Americans do enjoy more freedoms than do the Dutch.

Please give me some examples. The only ones I can think of is the
right to own guns and the right to drive a car at 16.

how about freedom of speech? I'm not sure about the netherlands but I
know neither the germans or the french have freedom of speech...

and the british too...

ttyl

akia

--

*Derringer Kit Gun Sideplates*

Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:58 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
I don't agree with a lot of what happens either in my country of birth or

in
the United States, but, I hardly think travel newsgroups are the place to
bash countries when those doing the bashing are only trying deflect

attention
away from their own shortcomings and disappointments. There is a lot of
difference between pointing out the shortcomings or things about a

country
that don't appeal to any given person and bashing the country. You've
freqently been guilty of the latter. It's a symptom of ingratitude and

narrow
vision.

And you still haven't answered my question what freedoms Americans have

that
Dutch people don't have. Perhaps because there aren't any?
Sjoerd

If you want to believe that Americans enjoy fewer freedoms than the Dutch,
dearie, be my guest. No matter how many freedoms I list, it's unlikely you'll
stop bashing America and Americans. I often wonder what you think you gain
from spewing your hatred. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:58 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht

Yes, I understand that when drugs are decriminalized there are no longer

any
organizations who compile accurate data. If you want to take drugs, be my
guest, I don't have any need or desire for them.

OK, you have decided to ignore the FACTS and just believe your and your
ilk's propaganda.
Sjoerd

I certainly hope that doesn't curtail the enjoyment you receive from taking
recreational drugs. Perhaps in your next lifetime you won't need them. KM

Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:58 AM
alohacyberian

"Hatunen" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:16:22 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:
"Hatunen" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 06:35:27 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:
Then again, I think the level of abuse is different in different parts

of
the
country due to a number of reasons. KM

You seem to do a lot of thinking.

Sorry I made a point that you were unable to respond to. Didn't mean to

drag
you out of your box of preconceptions. Silence is frequently acceptable.

KM

One can respond toadata but it's hard to respond to what someone
thinks, save to point out that it is a personal opinion
unsupported by data. Even anecdotes are at least respondible, but
a bald-faced "I think ..." provides little to discuss. UI suppose
I could respond, "I think you are wrong."

Like I suggested, it isn't necessary to respond even if you feel the urge to
ignore the message and attack the messenger. If you don't want to believe
that the level abuse is different in different parts of the country, then
don't, but, you needn't attack me to retain your prejudices. KM