American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

Old January 4th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Sjoerd

Default American dollars is plunging: NO MORE TRAVEL!

"Tim Kroesen" schreef in bericht
You're right; I misread ; I'd love to hang out with a rich guy who
supports me in the style that he has become accustom to...g

So if your friend makes 20k and you make 100k NEITHER of you are
considered 'rich' in the sense that they can do anything they might want
to with money.

I make something in that range, do "anything that I might want to with
money" and at the end of each month still have about 40% of my salary left.
Some people don't need a lot of money and can still be extremely happy.

Sjoerd

Old January 4th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Turby

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:17:42 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:
"Tim Kroesen" schreef in bericht
20% more income is what you're using to make your point; HA!

Learn to read. I was talking about a friend who perhaps makes 20% of what I
make. In other words, he makes 80% less than me, or I make 400% more than
he.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. "Rich" is making a thousand times what you
make. I doubt that $50 million will get you on the Forbes list.

Turby the Turbosurfer
Old January 4th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Richard Steiner

Here in rec.travel.air, Guido spake unto us, saying:

My observation of the Americans (most, but not all) is as follows:

- They are very shallow
- They are very immature
- They are very materialist
- They are very arrogant
- They are very greedy

This is based on what? A sampling of USENET posters? :-)

--
-Rich Steiner --- http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner --- Eden Prairie, MN
Applications analyst/designer/developer (14 yrs) seeking employment.
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Sjoerd

"Magda" schreef in bericht

"Rich" is a very subjective concept. I consider myself rich when I have a

ceiling over my
head, food on the table, shelter against the weather and clothes on my

back. Add my
friends to that list, and I see myself as a billionaire.

Hear, hear.

Sjoerd

Old January 4th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Sjoerd

"Turby" schreef in bericht

"Rich" is making a thousand times what you
make.

For you perhaps. For me, "rich" is being healthy, have friends, and have
enough food, shelter, and transportation, and a hot shower every day. I was
as "rich" when I lived on EUR 200 / month as a student as I am today.

Sjoerd

Old January 4th, 2004, 01:39 PM
pmlt

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:59:10 -0500, wrote:

Integration? In France? Now that's a real laugh.

I'm very sorry for having started discussing with someone as ignorant
as you. Bye.

Old January 5th, 2004, 05:16 AM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
It's too bad they weren't able to become millionaires in spite of all

that
hard work. Is one of the roads to becoming a millionaire bashing America

and
Americans?

You are not original, you are not funny, you are lying all the time, you

are
not answering my questions, you are ignoring the facts I provide, and you
are bashing me. Please go and find help, aloha.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd, if you keep posting the anti-America bilge, I'll continue to decline
to take you seriously. If you can't distinguish "lying" from sarcasm, its not
my fault. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old January 5th, 2004, 05:16 AM
alohacyberian

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in
:
Fine. To each his own. But don't make false statements about
Americans having more freedoms than Dutch.

Let them make those statements. Everyone outside the USA knows that
they

are
false.

LOL! Everyone? Is that why people flock from all over the world to
live in the United States legally and illegally?

They are flocking to all countries with high living standards from less
lucky parts of the world. It's not exclusive to the United States. Between
Europe and the US, there seems little flocking going on in either
direction, AFAICT.

Nobody, suggested or even hinted that immigration was exclusive to the United
States, but, look above, you Wolfgang said and I quote, "Everyone outside the
USA knows that they are false". Everyone means 100%. Please excuse me if I
think your comment in overstatement and inaccurate. While immigration isn't
exclusive to the United States, tens of thousands flock to the U.S. and
millions imitate American fashions, trends, styles, music, fads, slang,
mannerisms, etc. etc. etc. Many non-Americans queue up for American clothes,
music, movies, cars, tours and on and on - so the sally that EVERYONE hates
America and Americans is only so much nonesense. What is it that causes so
much of the world to be enamored with America and Americans? Well, one of the
things is freedom. Those who complain that Americans don't enjoy enough
freedom are usually malcontents on the lunatic fringe and Leftwing Liberals
out to poison the minds of the world against America. So far it's been a
miserable failure. KM

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Tim Kroesen

Like Me!

Tim K

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:11 AM
alohacyberian

"Guido" wrote in message
s.com...

My observation of the Americans (most, but not all) is as follows:

- They are very shallow
- They are very immature
- They are very materialist
- They are very arrogant
- They are very greedy

In anotehr word, they are a bunch of spoiled-crying-baby brats - just
like their president!

Well, I suppose you attract people of like-mind. Birds of a feather and all
that. I wonder what you think you accomplish for yourself or anyone else by
bashing America or Americans. Does it make you better in your mind and your
country better in your mind? KM