American gun loons make up lies about Australia

Old February 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
maximilian smith

Default American gun loons make up lies about Australia

"Seth Hammond" wrote in message

It's what appeals to whitetrash Americans.

They also believe that they are winning in Iraq....

They can't cope with the truth.

Hey, I'm sorry your masters won't let you have guns. I guess if you just
weren't so goddam irresponsible.

Meanwhile in crime free Phoenix:

http://news.google.gg/news?hl=en&um=...phoenix+murder

Old February 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
SaPeIsMa

"jbec" wrote in message

"Seth Hammond" wrote in message

They'd still be lying and
covering up their terrible crime problems, but they were forced to join
the world and use crime reporting procedures common to nearly all nations
in the world. Those standards were established by the United States
Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI).

Please provide a source for this surprising and novel revelation.
Preferably a better one than "WorldNetDaily."

Why ?
Would you prefer PRAVDA ?

Old February 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Seth Hammond

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/cfi/cfi115.html

Old February 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Seth Hammond

"Dave Witmarsh" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:23:55 -0700, "Seth Hammond"
wrote:

Hey, I'm sorry your masters won't let you have guns.

Hey look - Lesley Seth is yet another demented merkin who doesn't have
the sense to question the crap that the NRA feeds him
What a maroon!

Now calm down Lesley, it's only a bunch of dead merkins.

--

Posted on Wed, Oct. 17, 2007

NRA president to Philadelphia: Gun control laws are not the solution
By Andrew Maykuth

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Message from the National Rifle Association to Philadelphia: We're armed. No
harm. Get used to it.
The day after crime victims marched in Philadelphia to demand stronger
gun-control laws, the president of the NRA spoke to law students in
Wilmington tonight and denounced efforts to combat crime by restricting gun
ownership.

"Philadelphia doesn't need any new anti-gun laws to combat the lawless,"
said John C. Sigler, a Delaware lawyer who was appointed president of the
firearm-advocacy organization this year. "They simply need to enforce the
laws they already have."

Speaking to students at the Widener University School of Law, Sigler, a
former Dover police captain and Navy submarine veteran, delivered a
hard-line argument: He said gun-control laws don't work and are not the
solution to violent crime.

"If Philadelphia wants to stop the killing, they've got to make criminals
pay the penalty," he said.

Sigler said the primary imperative for lawmakers is to "first, do no harm."
He said gun-control laws harm law-abiding citizens rather than violent
criminals.

Sigler's speech drew a mixed response from the audience of about 75 students
and faculty, many of whom said they were from Philadelphia, which has
received extensive national media attention for its escalating homicide
rate.

"I don't see any evidence that the NRA has made us safer," said Alan
Garfield, a professor. That prompted a pointed response from Sigler, who
recited the organization's historic efforts to teach gun safety.

One student from Philadelphia wondered if there was not room for compromise
on an issue that has polarized Pennsylvania's legislators on an urban-rural
chasm.

"Isn't there room for moderation in this debate?" asked third-year-law
student David Anthony. "Can't there be sensible gun laws that prevent
criminals from access to guns?"

Sigler saw little room to negotiate.

"My experience tells me that criminals don't obey laws," said Sigler. "We
don't need more laws. We need to lock up the criminals . . .. Pennsylvania
has all the laws it needs."

In an interview after his speech, Sigler said lawmakers promote gun-control
laws because "it's easy and in some cases it's intellectually dishonest . .

"They need to step up to the plate and say enough is enough, my constituents
are dying and we need to stop that. And to stop that, you need to take the
bad guys, put them in jail and you leave them there. If they come back out,
and do it again, you put them back in again for twice as long," he said.

He said the public must accept the cost of fighting crime.

"If it means building more prisons, then build more prisons," Sigler said.

The 61-year-old Sigler's speech at the invitation of several student
organizations was a homecoming: He graduated from the Widener law school in
1987, and was a Republican state legislator in Delaware after retiring from
the police force in 1991. He now practices corporate law. He is serving a
one-year appointment as head of the NRA, a position most famously held by
actor Charlton Heston.

He was also not the first NRA official to direct remarks at Philadelphia.

In August, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre spoke in Ames, Iowa,
and blamed Philadelphia's murder rate on lax law enforcement rather than the
proliferation of guns.

"You want to kill people, go to Philadelphia, where only a third of all
murders will even be arrested," LaPierre was quoted by the Iowa State Daily
as telling a rally.

Old February 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Seth Hammond

"maximilian smith" wrote in message

"Seth Hammond" wrote in message

It's what appeals to whitetrash Americans.

They also believe that they are winning in Iraq....

They can't cope with the truth.

Hey, I'm sorry your masters won't let you have guns. I guess if you just
weren't so goddam irresponsible.

Meanwhile in crime free Phoenix:

http://news.google.gg/news?hl=en&um=...phoenix+murder

No worries, Myte. We'll soon have no crime at all:

Phoenix Police to Check Arrestees' Immigrant Status
a.. Published: February 16, 2008
PHOENIX - The police in this city at the center of the immigration debate
will soon ask all people arrested whether they are in the United States
legally and will in certain cases report the information to the federal
authorities, Mayor Phil Gordon announced on Friday.

Laura Segall for The New York Times
Mayor Phil Gordon of Phoenix, who changed city policy to ask all arrested
people their status.

People stopped for civil traffic violations like speeding will not be
questioned, nor will crime victims or witnesses.

All those arrested on criminal charges like drunken driving and murder will
be asked by officers whether they are in the United States legally.

The police may decide to recommend checking by Immigration and Customs
Enforcement.

The change includes having the police notify the immigration agency about
people who are detained but not arrested who officers have "reasonable
basis" to believe are illegal immigrants.

A conservative legal group said the policy did not go far enough.

Civil rights advocates suggested that people who appeared to be Latino or
spoke with accents would be more likely to be checked than others.

Hispanics make up 34 percent of Phoenix, the nation's fifth-largest city,
with 1.5 million residents.

At a news conference on Friday, Mr. Gordon and the four lawyers on a
commission that recommended the changes tried to emphasize that the program
would be closely monitored. Police officers, they said, would not become
immigration agents and would not stop people at random and ask their legal
status.

"We are doing what every city in this country should be doing but doesn't,"
Mr. Gordon said.

He added that the policy drew "a bright line between what should and should
not be the role of the Phoenix Police Department."

The program departs from a policy that is more than 10 years old that bars
officers from asking people about their legal status in most cases. It also
sets Phoenix apart from most other big cities with large immigrant
populations, including New York and Los Angeles. The police in those cities
generally avoid such questions over fears that they would lead to racial
profiling and discourage immigrants from cooperating with the police.

Mr. Gordon had faced criticism that the current policy was in effect helping
make Phoenix a sanctuary for illegal immigrants. The city is 200 miles from
Mexico and is the largest in a state with the heaviest influx of illegal
immigrants.

An illegal immigrant killed a police officer last fall, and the police union
and others stepped calls to change the policy. Judicial Watch, a
conservative-leaning legal group in Washington, began preparing a suit and
looked into a recall of Mr. Gordon.

Police Chief Jack F. Harris, who has been outspoken in warning of the
dangers of major police involvement in immigration enforcement, said he
endorsed the policy, would write regulations for it and put it into place
within three months.

Christopher J. Farrell, director of investigations with Judicial Watch,
called the change a "public relations feel-good piece" that "split the
baby." The main problem, Mr. Farrell said, is that it continues to restrict
officers from contacting the immigration agency, which Judicial Watch
believes violates federal law.

Antonio D. Bustamante, a member of Los Abogados, a Hispanic legal group in
Phoenix, said the policy changed "only because of xenophobia" and people
"who hate the undocumented without understanding the huge contribution they
make to the city an

Old February 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Morton Davis

"maximilian smith" wrote in message

"jbec" wrote in message

Since Australia banned private ownership of most guns in 1996, crime has
risen dramatically on that continent, prompting critics of U.S. gun
control efforts to issue new warnings of what life in America could be
like if Congress ever bans firearms.

Complete and utter garbage!

Is this how the American gun lobby operates? Just making up statistics
and telling lies? Do they think they can say this sort of thing and get
away with it just because Australia is on the other side of the world and
they rely on Americans not to know what really happens over here?

Anyone who lives in or pays any attention to Australia would know that
there is nothing in this article from "WorldNet Daily" which is true.
It's contary to all published facts and all anecdotal experience over
here. It is total fiction.

It's what appeals to whitetrash Americans.

I guess the Australia government's statistics are ****ed, eh? So is the
Australian Brodcasting Corporation. eh?

They also believe that they are winning in Iraq....

If you believe we have not already won in Iraq - you're ****ed in the head.

They can't cope with the truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit your ass off.

Old February 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
maximilian smith

[...]

What happens if they lie and say no?

Old February 19th, 2008, 12:14 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Greg Procter

maximilian smith wrote:

[...]

"Ve haft vays off makink you talk, skumbag!"
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:05 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Seth Hammond

[...]

Phil Gordon ain't very bright.

Old February 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,talk.politics.guns,az.general,rec.travel.air,aus.politics
Greg Procter

Seth Hammond wrote:

[...]

You have a brother called Phil?