romance in New York City

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:01 AM
ying

Default romance in New York City

hi everyone,

I'm a 20-year-old male student that studies tourism in Belgium. For my
assignment i am planning to create a holiday in New York, for people
in love. Therefor, i need your help. I'm looking for all of the
romantic places in New York. Romantic views, restaurants,
theatre-shows, hotels, romantic things you can do, ...
realy everything! i would be very greatfull to all of you if you could
help me out here.

Also, i'm coming to New York myself in july 2004.
So i think it would be great if i could get to know some people.
Preferable people around my age, but if not, it doesn't matter.I
practically get along with everybody!

Ciao,ying
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:29 PM
me

(ying) wrote in message . com...
hi everyone,

I'm a 20-year-old male student that studies tourism in Belgium. For my
assignment i am planning to create a holiday in New York, for people
in love. Therefor, i need your help. I'm looking for all of the
romantic places in New York. Romantic views, restaurants,
theatre-shows, hotels, romantic things you can do, ...
realy everything! i would be very greatfull to all of you if you could
help me out here.

[snip]

Better start by deciding what "romantic" means to you. Folks will
sell you all sorts of romance. You can get a room at the Plaza,
eat room service, get a carriage ride around Central Park, have a
glass of champagne at the Tavern on the Green, that kinda thing. You'll
dump a load of cash too. Ice skating at Rockefeller center will
cost ya a penny or two. For that kinda thing you might as well end
up at Tiffany's and buy some jewelery. The hotel will throw in
some long stem roses if ya ask. Heck, they'll sprinkle rose petals
on the bed if ya ask. All for a fee of course.

There is the "long walk in the rain" kinda romance, and you can
do alot of walking in NYC. Central park has alot of walking space
in it. During the Christmas season, there are several department
stores which "go all out" with their window displays. It would be
quite easy to plot a walking tour which took them all in, and
maybe included a stop for lunch, a glass of wine, that kinda thing.
They are slowing developing a long walk/run/ride kinda path up the west
side on the river front starting virtually at battery park and
ending up rather close to Grant's tomb. It can take a fair amount
of time if "strolling" is the goal. Again, especially as it wanders
past the upper west side, a lunch stop would be relatively easy.

Of course there are theaters, museums, free concerts, etc which
abound and if that is one's schtick, it can all be part of a very
romantic day or evening. One can find restaurants where "dressing
for dinner" won't be particularly out of place.

If one's concept of romance involves a bit more of "personal
effort" something as simple as renting an apartment such that
one can live a bit more as a "local" might fit. You could
go shopping for various meals at the local groceries. Cook
really good meals in the privacy of ones own kitchen. You
could probably arrange with a Dean and Deluca to provide you
with some semi prepared dishes if doing the total bit wasn't to
your liking. A swing by one of the infinity of good wine shops
could provide a tasting opportunity, especially on a weekend.
Might even be a place offering "cooking classes" that would
allow you to take it back to your apartment. Additional swings
past vegetable stands which sell flowers would allow one
to get a vase full of flowers of ones choice.

My usual observation however is that the both necessary
and sufficient asset required for a romantic anything is two
romantic people who like each other. After that it's really
just window dressing.
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Bob F.

The most romantic thing to do in NYC is get out as quickly as you can! But
this is just the perspective of someone who grew up in New Hampshire. I'm
certain that New Yorkers couldn't imagine anything better than living their
entire lives in a concrete anthill. No but really I mean it, why do you
think they made that movie "Escape from New York"?

Old October 10th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Eric Holeman

In article ,
Bob F. wrote:

The most romantic thing to do in NYC is get out as quickly as you can! But
this is just the perspective of someone who grew up in New Hampshire.

Well, duh.

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:00 AM
jennifer cook

"ying" wrote in message
om...
hi everyone,

I'm a 20-year-old male student that studies tourism in Belgium. For my
assignment i am planning to create a holiday in New York, for people
in love. Therefor, i need your help. I'm looking for all of the
romantic places in New York. Romantic views, restaurants,
theatre-shows, hotels, romantic things you can do, ...
realy everything! i would be very greatfull to all of you if you could
help me out here.

Also, i'm coming to New York myself in july 2004.
So i think it would be great if i could get to know some people.
Preferable people around my age, but if not, it doesn't matter.I
practically get along with everybody!

Ciao,ying

the most romantic place to take a woman is in the stores for some serious spoiling!
Old October 13th, 2003, 06:12 PM
me

"Bob F." wrote in message ...
The most romantic thing to do in NYC is get out as quickly as you can! But
this is just the perspective of someone who grew up in New Hampshire. I'm
certain that New Yorkers couldn't imagine anything better than living their
entire lives in a concrete anthill. No but really I mean it, why do you
think they made that movie "Escape from New York"?

[snip]

To entertain folks in New Hampshire?