Liberty Hotel Pass

Old October 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Hatunen

Default Liberty Hotel Pass

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:22:35 +0100, "Rowan Bridge"
wrote:

I'm planning a trip to the states which will probably last a couple of weeks
or so. I'm hoping to fly into San Francisco, travel to Altanta and
Washington DC and then fly back to the UK from there. I see that there is a
thing called a Liberty Hotelpass which on the surface appears extremely good
value for money, even when there is only one of you travelling (as in this
case). Has anyone used it or can they advise meif it's worth investing in
one for my trip in December?
Many thanks, R.

Google for

"liberty hotelpass"

for info.

Old October 13th, 2003, 09:00 PM
JamesStep

I'm planning a trip to the states which will probably last a
couple of weeks or so. I'm hoping to fly into San Francisco,
travel to Altanta and Washington DC and then fly back to the
UK from there. I see that there is a thing called a Liberty
Hotelpass which on the surface appears extremely good value

I'm not familiar with them myself, but after looking at an article
about them it seems like a potential disadvange is that you're
limited to certain hotels. The article said they have around 500
participating hotels in the U.S., which sounds like a lot, but isn't
necessarily as that's comes to only around 10 per state.

The hotel chains that are participating -- Days Inns, Howard
Johnsons, Ramadas, Travelodges, etc. -- are budget motels.
Usually clean and adequate, but nothing fancy. Often they are
located on the outskirts of a city, close to an exit on the interstate
highway, rather than downtown.

The article I saw said that not every motel in the each chain is
participating.

I think you'd really need to do some research to see if 1) they
have conveniently-located hotels participating in the areas you're
visiting, and 2) if the price is less than what you'd pay if you
booked motels of similar quality on your own.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old October 13th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Rowan Bridge" wrote in message
I'm planning a trip to the states which will probably last a couple of

weeks
or so. I'm hoping to fly into San Francisco, travel to Altanta and
Washington DC and then fly back to the UK from there. I see that there is

thing called a Liberty Hotelpass which on the surface appears extremely

good
value for money, even when there is only one of you travelling (as in this
case). Has anyone used it or can they advise meif it's worth investing in
one for my trip in December?
Many thanks, R.

In my experience these hotel passes arent worth the effort and
the advertising is a little misleading. The intro page insinuates
that you can stay in any city in the USA for £49 per night

This isnt true, the VOUCHERS cost £49 per night but you
will need almost always need more than one and you severaly
limit your choice

For example they quote 4 hotels in NYC, picking the first (The
Days Inn Midtown) and a date in March they require 3 vouchers.
A simple check on Expedia shows I can book that hotel for
£62 per night at that time

So their you have it £150 with Liberty Hotel pass or £62 on your own

Not much of a choice is it ?

Keith

Old October 13th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Keith Willshaw

"JamesStep" wrote in message

[...]

And you pay 4 star prices , they require 3 passes per night for
the Days Inn Midtown, I can find you a VERY nice hotel
in Manhattan for that price.

Keith