Weather Lake Tahoe Area

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Roland Schmidt

Default Weather Lake Tahoe Area

Hi,

we're heading from Las Vegas to Reno by car on Nov 27. How is the
recent weather condition at the Lake Tahoe area and what is the
forecast saying? I know there are two weeks left, but do we have to
expect snow and closed roads?

Tahnks
Roland, Germany
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Icono Clast

Roland Schmidt wrote:
do we have to expect snow and closed roads?

Ja!

I was there last week-end as I am every first week-end in November. It
started to snow Saturday afternoon and continued to do so 'til some
time Sunday. I usually start home from the Midnight Sunday but was
afraid to.

Monday was beautiful, the road wet but ice-free.

A few years ago, I was the last car over the summit without chains!
Not any more fun that today's sig is funny.
Southern California's Four Seasons:
Earthquake, Mudslide, Brushfire, and Riot
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Roland Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

we're heading from Las Vegas to Reno by car on Nov 27. How is the
recent weather condition at the Lake Tahoe area and what is the
forecast saying? I know there are two weeks left, but do we have to
expect snow and closed roads?

can expect snow. it can snow there anytime of the year
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Ken

Roland Schmidt wrote in :
we're heading from Las Vegas to Reno by car on Nov 27. How is the
recent weather condition at the Lake Tahoe area and what is the
forecast saying? I know there are two weeks left, but do we have to
expect snow and closed roads?

Some of the ski resorts are open already. Enjoy.
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:00:17 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
Roland Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

we're heading from Las Vegas to Reno by car on Nov 27. How is the
recent weather condition at the Lake Tahoe area and what is the
forecast saying? I know there are two weeks left, but do we have to
expect snow and closed roads?

can expect snow. it can snow there anytime of the year

And no one can make thirteen day advance weather forecasts. But
having road closures around Thanksgiving would be a commonplace.
Or, rather than outright closure tire chains may be required on
some highways.

Old November 14th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

And no one can make thirteen day advance weather forecasts. But
having road closures around Thanksgiving would be a commonplace.
Or, rather than outright closure tire chains may be required on
some highways.

And if you don't have chains, they *will* turn you back. Also,
buying or renting chains at the last minute will be expensive.
It's best to get some at an auto supply store before you get
to the Tahoe area. (Dunno whether stores do rentals; maybe
someone will have a suggestion about that.)

Patty