EasyJet isn't yet the best budget airline

Old January 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Dusty Furtile Morrocan

Default EasyJet isn't yet the best budget airline

JUST GOT BACK FROM MOROCCO!!!! JOY!!! I'll write a trip report if
anyone actually visits these groups anymore, and would read it.

Now where was I...

First flight was ok, with a mere half hour delay from Malpensa to
Madrid, with only a near hour of queueing and some odd reasons why a
backpack should be dropped of at some big luggage place, which oddly
didn't happen the rest of the trip as the said backpack grew in size
and weight.

The flight from Madrid to Casablanca was delayed, and delayed, and
delayed again. The plan of arriving at 2 pm became a reality of
getting there at 6. No freebies, condolences, or even an explanation.

Forward two weeks, and we are now flying home from Malaga to Malpensa.
The queues were nicely labeled like "This chek in not for all flights
to United Kingdom but not London except Milan". Eventually we found
the right queue, being the one that doesn't actually move until just
before take off when we are all hurried through security and toward
the gate.

We arrive in Malpensa, and we wait for the bags. My wife's arrives,
and we wait. Forward 45 minutes, and nothing. My backpack has
disappeared into the ether. I am left filling out forms are trying to
describe my backpack in Italian "é blù, grande, vecchio, sporco...".

Now, given all of that, can anyone point me to the legal recourse I
have? What if it's lost forever? What if it's damaged, or my mobile or
camera are?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Runge 9

Your life isn't very interesting, sorry, no need to crosspost for that
Stick to the air group, that's enough

"Dusty Furtile Morrocan" a écrit
dans le message de ...

Old January 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

Old January 6th, 2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
VainGlorious

wrote:

[...]

DFM: with your years of traveling experience, you know better than to
leave your mobile or camera in checked bags, so I'm assuming you're
just being funny.

I have a rule about checked bags. They only contain clothes and
toiletries. Period. If they are lost on the way to my destination,
then I view it as an opportunity to buy stylish new duds at my exotic
locale. If my bag is lost on the way back home, that means there's a
load of laundry I don't have to do. Either way, it's no big loss.

- TR

Old January 6th, 2008, 05:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe, rec.travel.air
grusl

On Jan 6, 2:35*am, Dusty Furtile Morrocan
wrote:
JUST GOT BACK FROM MOROCCO!!!! JOY!!! I'll write a trip report if
anyone actually visits these groups anymore, and would read it.

Please do. There are plenty of people visiting these groups. I see
lots of new names, too.

And I want to know the fate of the bag!

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old January 6th, 2008, 09:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
tim.....

"Dusty Furtile Morrocan" wrote in
message ...
[...]

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?ca...#los tbaggage

PS, Google is your friend

tim

Old January 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jim Ley

On 06 Jan 2008 09:48:03 GMT, James Robinson wrote:

VainGlorious wrote:

I have a rule about checked bags. They only contain clothes and
toiletries. Period. If they are lost on the way to my destination,
then I view it as an opportunity to buy stylish new duds at my exotic
locale. If my bag is lost on the way back home, that means there's a
load of laundry I don't have to do. Either way, it's no big loss.

That's a nice rule, until you run into an airline or country that severely
restricts the weight of carry-on luggage, and you can't get all you toys
into the cabin and remain under the limit. You end up having to check
something you don't want to.

EasyJet does not have a weight limit though, so that's not a good
excuse...

Jim.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe, rec.travel.air
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Only if your idea of a 'holiday' is trawling around shops trying to
find clothes to fit, not to mention the palavar of reporting the bag
missing and chasing up the bag and any claim later on.

And if you are travelling to work you are likely losing valuable time
(at least your customer and your boss are).

- TR- Hide quoted text -

Old January 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe, rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 5 Jan, 21:35, Dusty Furtile Morrocan
wrote:
[...]

If it is a return journey and you bag is 'late' then you are likely
entitled to precisely nothing. It will not be deemed 'lost' until
after a certain period (6 weeks, I think). Could be your backpack
got snagged and the label ripped off, different airports have
different rules (sometimes they put such bags in special plastic
basket, sometimes you have to take your bag to 'outsize bagage', and
sometimes they just forget to do either).

Airlines have a high level of protection against claims for lost
baggage and many specifically tell you that things like cameras should
not be checked in and these are excluded from any claims.

As for insurance I have never tried but I expect it is a complete
waste of time unless you have evidence you had the item and then there
would be an excess/deductable from any claim. Whether they cover a
camera in checked baggage I don't know.

--
---