Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:02 AM
Go Fig

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Robert writes:

Then why is royal watching so popular with the masses.

It isn't. Only a small minority of people care about royalty--the ones
who have lifetime subscriptions to _Point de Vue_, for example.

Humm... isn't one of the biggest stories in England now if the heir to
the thrown will meet with the hired help... the former butler to his
mother ?

jay
Fri, Oct 31, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old October 31st, 2003, 11:23 AM
Mxsmanic

Go Fig writes:

Humm... isn't one of the biggest stories in England now if the heir to
the thrown will meet with the hired help... the former butler to his
mother ?

I'm not familiar with anything along these lines.

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:26 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Robert wrote in message
m...
"Deep Freud Moors" wrote in

message ...
Robert wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote in message

. ..
Robert writes:
I could never countenance taking advantage of others in that way, no
matter how wealthy or royal they might be. And I should hope that

my
friends would never talk about me as though I were an expensive car,
either.

Your responses are so way off. People in this group cared that I had a
royal friend and wanted more information. Why? Royals are interesting
to many people. Maybe not too you.

No-one here truly gives a **** who you claim to know. There are some

here
who enjoy humouring you and having a laugh at your expense.

I have never profited financially from my princess friend. I profitted
from my billionaire friend because I introduced him to another
business owner and received a commission. In any case I said it wasn't
about the money. It was about treating all people with respect.

I don't treat all people with respect. That would be completely false.

Some
people are not worthy of respect, and giving them respect would be fake,

and
a waste of effort on my part. I will save my respect for people whom I

deem
worthy - because that in itself makes my respect worth something.

By the way you get lucky meeting billionaires when you get in the
game. In this case the game was the sale of used office furniture,
believe it or not. I called an ad advertising large lots of office
furniture. I knew another dealer and thought I could broker the deal.
I was put right through to the billionaire. He was building an office
supply company.

Your story keeps changing. Before you were about to hangup on the
billionaire. Why would you do this when you made the call about

legitimate
business?

As I said a while back, your story stinks of bull****, and that is why
no-one is treating you seriously. If you truly had all these impressive
contacts, you would understand why everyone is so dubious. If you were

to be
as open and believing as you claim we should be, you would be excellent
fodder for rip-off artists.
---
DFM

No, no, no. I said you treat all people with respect who treat you
with respect. I disrespected people in my earlier posts.
I did not change my story of the billionaire. I called the number in
the ad and was put through to a guy who had a lower class accent. At
this point in my earlier career I assumed all businessmen worthy of
associating with spoke "normal" english. So I almost hung up. But he
was saying he was a billionaire and I thought this guy was a nut or it
had to be true. I took his list of furniture and faxed it to my other
contact. The contact bought the inventory and I got a commission. I
was then invited to his house and met his beautiful wife and was asked
if I wanted to meet Senator Kennedy whose office was close by. I
couldn't believe it. We didn't go but went to an Indian resturant
where I showed more of my youthful ignorance. I've learned. What can I
tell you.

A billionaire that takes calls for furniture orders, a princess that flies
strangers around Europe so they can be massaged, and you, Robert, poopy
parlance extraordinaire...

*plonk*
---
DFM

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:27 AM
Mxsmanic

Jeremy Henderson writes:

Are you sure it wasn't the Queen Mother - the description fits. Was she
drunk and smelling of Dubonnet and corgi ****?

Princess Marie would have been 60 years old in 1960; she died the
following year. She was pretty enough when young, though.

Old October 31st, 2003, 12:47 PM
Howard Ino

Humm... isn't one of the biggest stories in England now if the heir to
the thrown will meet with the hired help... the former butler to his
mother ?

Thrown? No royal I know has been involved in judo .......

"President George W. Bush, the man who waved to Stevie Wonder......" -
Robin Williams

The views and expressions contained in this message do not necessarily
coincide with those of my employer.
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Reid

Following up to Robert

Oh, yea? Then why is royal watching so popular with the masses. People
would do anything to get to meet royalty. But if you go about it the
right way you can do it. Influenceing the subconscious through belief
(not my original idea. I thought it foolish at first and I'm still
learning)is the only way I know without being a wannbe. Remember good
manners is a requirement.

yes, middle class manners are essential, our royals are very
middle class, but your advice is wasted on me, robert, I number
at least one queen amoungst my friends.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Reid

Following up to Go Fig

It isn't. Only a small minority of people care about royalty--the ones
who have lifetime subscriptions to _Point de Vue_, for example.

Humm... isn't one of the biggest stories in England now if the heir to
the thrown will meet with the hired help... the former butler to his
mother ?

Its a fluff element in the news generated by the butler, who has
a book out,, sensible Brits don't give a s*** about the royals,
its mainly little old ladies etc.

Yesterdays tabloid headlines:-
Election of leader of Tory party
Rod Stewarts girlfriends bum (see through dress picture story)
Iraq
Football (finances of)
then I reach "your" story on page 7, 4"x4".

Yesterday serious paper:-
Election of leader of Tory party
Yukos affair in Russia
Postal strike
Iraq
Cost of scottish parliament building
Japan election
Bush (next election)

I could find nothing on the royals (one other national heavy
*never* mentions royals as a policy)
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Reid

Following up to Robert

Could've been a contender, instead of a bum. Now I am condemned to sitting
in front of my computer, thinking of what could have been.

That's right, up till now. But each moment is new one and you can always change.

ROFL, well done, both of you.
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Reid

Following up to Miguel Cruz

Seriously, why do you think that people in this newsgroup are interested
in meeting royalty -- or, indeed, that they haven't?

Why else go to Europe?

I even went to the trouble of being born in Europe, and I still
only see photos of Juan Carlos opening the restaurant i'm in,
never the real Juan.(get the subtle little jokes, huh).
Although my wife did bump into the Queen once, while out for an
early run. Also, the chap I used to play golf with also goes
fishing and hired the same ghillie that the Queen Mum used to
use. Beat that Robert!