Scenic areas in England

Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman

Default Scenic areas in England

On 21 May, 19:38, William Black wrote:
Surreyman wrote:
On 21 May, 13:07, William Black wrote:
Surreyman wrote:
On 20 May, 13:43, William Black wrote:
Surreyman wrote:
On 19 May, 12:39, William Black wrote:
Surreyman wrote:
On 19 May, 11:56, William Black
wrote:
Mike wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:48:25 +0100, William Black
wrote:

I agree. Any idiot can get a gun in the UK. *They are very
easy
get
almost anything from a sub-machine gun to a pistol

The lack of street crime involving guns in the UK seems to
indicate
that
this is not the case.

there is *some* nowadays. Drugs gangs sometimes use them, if
other
countries controlled them better it would help, I think some
come
in
from the west Indies.

That's not the point.

If they were, as claimed, *available on every street corner then
every
drugged up hoodie robbing grannies would have a gun, *and what
they've
actually got is a kitchen knife...

--
William Black

Knives are far cheaper & easier for the brain dead louts.
Guns can be easily got given the wish and cash.

Well no.

That's a fallacy.

If it was the case then a sight more criminally inclined idiots
would be walking about with them tucked under their coats and
getting locked up for doing so.

That your local 'naughty boy' population isn't getting banged up
for five years a go for carrying firearms isn't because they don't
want to have a gun, *it's because they can't get hold of a gun..

Let's be honest, *most 'street corner' drug dealers would be
delighted to have a gun. *They know the local police more or less
tolerate them and the only threat is either from business rivals or
someone who wants a free fix.

--
William Black- Hide quoted text -

Well, my son in Special Branch begs to differ.

They may well do so.

However, *as they don't call them that anymore...

--
William Black- Hide quoted text -

Pardon?

'Special Branch' (SO 15) merged with the old 'Counter Terrorist Branch'
(SO 13) in 2006 to become *'Counter Terrorism Command' (SO 19)

--
William Black- Hide quoted text -

I don't question you on your knowledge of India! :-))
Check again, outside of the Met.

The various small 'Special Branch' organisations outside the Met vary in
their duties and operational methods.

The Harrogate SB seem obsessed with the various protesters kicking up a
storm at Menwith Hill, *others have other local problems.

One thing that must always be kept in mind with all SB officers is that they
are NOT detectives, *they're uniformed police officers transfered to 'other
duties'.

--
William Black- Hide quoted text -

I don't know why you're being so disparaging, and also digging a
bigger hole for yourself.

You're getting as bad as Hines here! :-))

You seem to forget from many past posts that you're talking to a
military/police (yes, SB) family.

I've usually taken your remarks on other subjects at face value.
Now I realise I'll need to be a little more analytical.

Surreyman