kenya: Game driving in the Masai Mara and trekking in the Loita hills, 10th to 21st of April 2004

Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Geographical Expeditions

Default kenya: Game driving in the Masai Mara and trekking in the Loita hills, 10th to 21st of April 2004

Game driving: 2 days in the Masai Mara + 1/2 day in the Rift valley

Walk: 5 days

Camping: 9 nights or 8 days+ 1 lodge (not included in the price)

Day 1
Flight Europe - Nairobi
Day 2
Arrival Nbi & depart to the Masai Mara, game drive
Day 3 to 4
Masai Mara game driving
Day 5
Drive to the Loita
day 6 to 9
Walk in the Loita hills
Day 10
Walk down the Rift Valley escarpment
day 11
Game drive in the Rift Valley
Day 12
Arrival Europe in the Morning
*
Thanks to the friendships I have establish across the years throughout
the masai land and being very sensitive of the negative effects of
"ethno-tourism", I will introduce you to the masai way of life in very
special way, not has tourist but as guests coming in a spirit of true
cultural exchange.

During the 10 years I spent in East Africa, *I have leaved and walked
in the Loita for several weeks at a time on various occasions. I am
well known in the Maasai community of the Loita and speak fluent
ki-swahili and maa.

By foot and 4x4 vehicle, you will discover the game on the rolling
savannah of the Masai Mara and the dramatic views of the Rift Valley.
We will be walking in the company of maasai people along traditional
footpaths and see some of the most spectacular African landscapes.

Forest game (elephants, buffalos, leopards…) inhabits the Loita hills,
in perfect harmony with the pastoralists.

In order to penetrate the most remote parts of the Loita and the
Nemengio' Forest, the camping gear will be carried by donkeys.
Vehicles cannot access the Loita hills.

While travelling by 4x4, we will reach remote areas using small
tracks. Road conditions will be variable to poor, and detours will be
part of the safari!*

This itinerary has been designed and will be led by Charlie Rapoport
to allow for an enjoyable safari.

Price per pers
on a base of
4 $ 2 309
5 $ 2 200
6 $ 2 127
7 $ 2 075
8 $ 2 037

Extension of this safari to the Indian ocean island of Lamu can be
organised on demand. Please do not hesitate contacting me for more
details

http://www.geographicalexpeditions.c...ya_l oita.htm

or contact me by email