Belize cave tubing

Old January 18th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Berniez

Default Belize cave tubing

We will be in Belize in February. We are looking into cave tubing. It
appears Xstream tubing ($60.00), Reggies Tours ($65.00) and the cruise
ship ($80.00) are basically the same. I have read Xstream has fruit and
drinks afterward, Reggie has nothing and the cruise ships have lunch.
What is the real time frame of this excursion. The web sites seems to
make you belive it is a 1 hour trip there, 30 minute walk, 40 minutes in
the river and 1 hour back. This does not add up to the 5-6 hour time
frame it is listed as. I suspect the bus ride is a lot longer than 60
minutes. Any recommemdations.
Thanks for your help.
Bernie

Old January 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Becca

Berniez wrote:

the river and 1 hour back. This does not add up to the 5-6 hour time
frame it is listed as. I suspect the bus ride is a lot longer than 60
minutes. Any recommemdations.

Bernie, I enjoyed the cave tubing, I can't wait to do it again.

Reggie, Xstream and the cruise line all do the same cave tubing
excursion. Each of them parks in the same parking lot and they do the
same tour. You will see each of the tour operators there (if you book
with the cruise line, they require you to carry a life vest, whether
you want it or not).

When you arrive, you change your clothes (if you need to), they hand
out headlights, so you can see inside of the caves, and then you go
collect your inner tubes. You begin your hike, carrying your inner
tube, you float down a river, you go in and out of a couple of caves,
then you exit the water and you return your inner tube. Even though
you book your excursion through Reggie or Xstream, the cruise line
photographers may be in the river taking photos.

The larger the group, the longer it takes to hand out and retrieve the
headlights and the inner tubes. If there is a slow walker in the
group, the entire group is slowed down. This is one reason the
excursion can take more time.

My excursion was with Reggie. I would book it through and individual
operator, you get more attention and your group moves faster. It was a
fun excursion, I hope you try it.

Becca ----wants to do it all while I'm still young...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Mariner of the Seas 3/04
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old January 18th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Helen

We booked on xstream for our upcoming March cruise. It is a total of about
5 hrs including transporation and they leave in the morning (like
8am)..there is a 40 min walk to the water from the van stop. They provide
water and fruit aftewards but no lunch.

You can view info about them at
http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

--
Helen
t...

Old January 18th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Becca

You can view info about them at
http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

Thanks for the link, Helen. Please come back and tell us how you
liked your cave tubing excursion, and let us know how you liked
X-Stream. I enjoyed looking at their photos, it brought back a few
memories.

Becca -----I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

Old January 19th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Berniez

Thank you for the info. I went on the cruisecritic web site and found a
lot of info there also. I went on the web site for Xstream cave tubing
and filled out the request for cave tubing for a party of 4. Hopefully
they have space for us on the date requested. If not, I will try Reggies.
Thanks
Bernie

Old January 19th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Mike

[...]

I took the jungle walk and cave tubing tour off the Enchantment of the Seas on
Christmas day and we were not required to carry or wear life vests. The river
was slow moving and I don't believe it ever was over three or four feet deep.
We went through two caves, it took close to an hour, and the bus ride was about
one hour back to the dock.

Mike
Old January 21st, 2004, 04:44 PM
Becca

Mike wrote:

I took the jungle walk and cave tubing tour off the Enchantment of the Seas on
Christmas day and we were not required to carry or wear life vests.

It is nice that RCI did not require you to wear life vests. I am not
sure they are necessary since everyone has an inner tube which floats,
and the river is full of people who can help you. I was on a Carnival
cruise and they required it.

Becca -----would enjoy doing this excursion again...

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Courtney Rourke

I have done X-stream cave tubing with http://belizecruiseexcursions.com and I HIGHLY recommend them. They also offer a combination tour that does the cave tubing and the canopy zipline which is what we ended up doing as it was only $99us, can't beat that price.
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article

, Courtney Rourke wrote:

I HIGHLY recommend them. They also offer a combination tour that does the
cave tubing and the canopy zipline which is what we ended up doing as it was
only $99us, can't beat that price

Who do you think you are kidding? You work for them. Won't book with
liars.

--
Charles