Review on Regatta transatlantic cruise March 9=23

Old March 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Default Review on Regatta transatlantic cruise March 9=23

This was my second time on Regatta and it is even more wonderful than I
remembered. It is not only beautiful and elegant but the food, service,
and ambiance is great.

Unfortunately, the sea was not cooperative. After the 2nd day, we had 5
continuous days of terrible turbulence rocking and rolling all the way.
Even the captain was surprised as this was very unusual. Of course there
could be no outdoor activities.

Since I am disabled,it was comfortable for me to stay in the HOrizon lounge.

The ship was only l/2 full due to the fact that they were going into
drydock after the cruise and were dismantling some of the decks. Every
person I met was most interesting and we had a grand time.

I played Trivia every day with a bunch of lively and lovely people = and
I played the piano in the lounge four nights which people seemed to
enjoy. Especially those who liked to singalong.

The shows were very good particularly Marty Henni =

The cruise director was charming and very efficient.

and the FOOD was outstanding. You couldn't ask for better plus the two
special restaurants which were excellent and at no extra charge.

I have already signed up for the same cruise next March 21st and the
price has come down so am delighted.

The flights were very annoying plus we missed our connection in Paris
and were put up in an austere hotel at the airport (by Air France) Imagine
spending 24 hours in Paris and you are a hostage at a hotel so we saw
nothing.

I recommend this cruise line and ship to anyone who is not looking for too
many ports. I only got off at Casa Blanca and bought a beautiful new
cane. I had my walker with me so was able to keep from falling .

rosaly
Old March 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Hi, Rosaly,

Thanks for reviewing your cruise for us. I am convinced Oceania is the
line I need to try sooner than later.

What a gift you shared with your fellow passengers in playing the
piano!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old March 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

D Ball wrote:
Hi, Rosaly,

Thanks for reviewing your cruise for us. I am convinced Oceania is the
line I need to try sooner than later.

What a gift you shared with your fellow passengers in playing the
piano!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Diana: Why don't you join our group on March 21,? It would be nice
having you along. I book through Cal Ford. rosaly
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:
This was my second time on Regatta and it is even more wonderful than I
remembered. It is not only beautiful and elegant but the food, service,
and ambiance is great.

Rosaly, thanks for your review. Oceania is on our wish list once Kevin
is retired and we have more time.

sue
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

When we had a flight connection in paris,we were also put up in a not so
good hotel,and given a dinner voucher,which could only be used on
sandwiches,not such a good deal,also by air france, but the rest of our
trip was wonderful.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 30th, 2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:
Ermalee McCauley wrote:

D Ball wrote:

Hi, Rosaly,

Thanks for reviewing your cruise for us. I am convinced Oceania is the
line I need to try sooner than later.

What a gift you shared with your fellow passengers in playing the
piano!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Wanna be my roommate in March (Caribbean)?

Ermalee

Ermalee: I can't figure out whether you are talking to me or to Diana.
I already have a roommate. My cousin who has been cruising with me ever
since my husband died. By the way, I believe single supplement is only
25% on that voyage. I don't sail the Caribbean anymore. same old same
old. rosaly

I'm doing the Carib. The TA wouln't give me any visits to new ports.
Hooray for that 25% thingee.

Ermalee