Cruise line says 326 passengers, 27 crew sick withstomachailme...

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Cruise line says 326 passengers, 27 crew sick withstomachailme...

We saw many purell dispensers on ruby princess,but also saw many people
just bypass them and not even try to use them. Some people are just not
thoughtful of others around them.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Surfer E2468 wrote:
We saw many purell dispensers on ruby princess,but also saw many people
just bypass them and not even try to use them. Some people are just not
thoughtful of others around them.

Another thing to consider, is that many people use the facilities before
they go to the buffet or to the dining room, and they scrub their hands
with soap and water. That is what I do, so I avoid using the purell
dispensers. I simply trust washing my hands and rinsing well. My
mother was a nurse and she taught us well. Old habits die hard.

Becca
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Cruise line says 326 passengers, 27 crew sick withstomachail...

We also use the bathroom before going into dinner,and scrub up well,but
we still use the purell dispensers,but see a lot of people use the
bathroom and never touch the soap and water,To me they are slobs.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 28th, 2010, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

:
: Another thing to consider, is that many people use the facilities before
: they go to the buffet or to the dining room, and they scrub their hands
: with soap and water. That is what I do, so I avoid using the purell
: dispensers. I simply trust washing my hands and rinsing well. My
: mother was a nurse and she taught us well. Old habits die hard.
:
:
: Becca

I understand what you are saying. I wonder about most non-compliant,
however,... even touching elevator buttons or restroom doors negates the
cleansing. Using one's elbows and the insides of sleeves to open doors will
help (looks goofy but the hands stay clean!).

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

I understand what you are saying. I wonder about most non-compliant,
however,... even touching elevator buttons or restroom doors negates the
cleansing. *Using one's elbows and the insides of sleeves to open doors will
help (looks goofy but the hands stay clean!).

I do this all the time both on cruises and at work!

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"*muz*" wrote in message

"Becca" wrote in message
: Surfer E2468 wrote:
[...]

I use a paper towel to open the door and I've noticed that the restrooms on
the ships anymore have a waste basket near the door where you can toss it as
you leave. If there isn't, I move one near the door myself. HAL has
washcloths rolled in stacks to use after washing your hands and after I use
one, I open the door with it and toss it in the disposal opening on the
counter like a basketball player. ;-).
I hate holding on to the banisters when using the stairs and that is where
my little handy bottle of Purell comes in unless I run into a sanitizing
station or rest room first.
I wash my hands frequently and use Purell before and after eating. I have a
compromised immune system and can't affford to take chances. Using elbows is
handy when doors have no handles and can swing in or out...I push the
elevator buttons with my knuckle.

--Jean

Old March 1st, 2010, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"*muz*" wrote:

I understand what you are saying. I wonder about most non-compliant,
however,... even touching elevator buttons or restroom doors negates the
cleansing. Using one's elbows and the insides of sleeves to open doors will
help (looks goofy but the hands stay clean!).

Just got off the Independence OTS and they were putting blue plastic
stuff on the buttons of the elevator. Someone said it was to help lessen
transmission of disease. Never got around to following up.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars