2 weeks in europe

Old March 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default 2 weeks in europe

So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks, train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two weeks
of May on a budget

THANK YOU in Advance

Old March 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 29 Mrz., 12:46, wrote:
So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not
really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks,
train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two
weeks
of May on a budget

What do you mean by "Prague is a bit out of the way" ?

Just add Vienna and Budapest to you journey ......

Have fun! :-)

Old March 29th, 2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
:

Make credence recognised that on 29 Mar 2007 03:46:19 -0700,
has scripted:

So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks, train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two weeks
of May on a budget

THANK YOU in Advance

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...ik%40gmail.com

I smell a smelly trolly type smell!

I don't get it. What am I missing?
--
Tim C.
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:48:35 +0200, Tim
C. has scripted:

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
:

Make credence recognised that on 29 Mar 2007 03:46:19 -0700,
has scripted:

So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks, train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two weeks
of May on a budget

THANK YOU in Advance

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...ik%40gmail.com

I smell a smelly trolly type smell!

I don't get it. What am I missing?

When there's only one post, and it's ridiculous, it's probably a
troll. Still, I'd like to see a trip report if it ever gets done!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

[...]

When I followed the link I got this very thread, in Google Groups.
--
Tim C.
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
OughtFour

wrote in message
ups.com...
So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks, train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two weeks
of May on a budget

It's not 2 days apiece, since you will have to spend about 8 days on the
train. Rome-Barcelona is a 24-hour trip. Prague-Rome is 20. Unless you have
a late flight, I also forsee an overnight in London just to get to Heathrow
in time.

You can reclaim some of that time by taking night trains, though that is not
always an option. You can save a day by flying into Amsterdam and grouping
all your London time together. You can plan to spend more than two weeks,
and finally, you can scale back.

Whether and how is up to you, but I suggest you and your friend discuss how
much of the trip you want to spend on the train, and how much in castles and
cafes. Good luck.

Old March 29th, 2007, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:17:22 +0200, Tim
C. has scripted:

[...]

Using that link you can find all posts a person has made for a given
email address. It's a good way to see if someone is serious or just
trolling.

Let's see if he comes back, and then I'll have to eat my words!
--
---
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Mar 29, 5:46 am, wrote:
So a friend and I [ 20 years old college students] have two weeks in
Europe, starting and ending London. We want to see a lot, not really
looking to truly experience the cities, but get a feel for them. We
were hoping to start in London and see Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague,
Rome, Barcelona, Paris. About 2 day a piece. The way it looks, train
will be the cheapest, but Prague is a bit out of the way, almost a
must!!! Does anyone have suggestions. We are traveling last two weeks
of May on a budget

That's way too much for two weeks. Just getting from one city to
another usually takes the better part of a day - even if the flight is
only 1-2 hours you still have to get yourself to and from the
airports, which are often well outside the cities, and to be at the
airport in advance of your flight. For example, I took Ryanair to get
from London to Amsterdam - the flight was one hour and $25, while the
entire trip was eight hours and $100 when you account for the cost and
time of the trains to get from city to airport and airport to city,
and then waiting for the flight. If you took trains instead of
flying, most of the train journeys you would need are at least half a
day if not overnight. You should stick to 2-3 cities and really see
them rather than rushing around to try to fit everything in for just
1-2 days each. If you have never been to Europe at all, I would
recommend London, Paris and Amsterdam with a stopover in Brugge on
your way from Paris to Amsterdam.

OTOH, if for whatever reason you really want to spend two days in each
of seven cities and be on a plane every other day or a sleeper train
every other night, you could technically do that, but make sure it's
what you want - look at airlines like Ryanair, Easyjet, Basiq Air, and
Air Berlin which have very cheap flights if you book them in advance.
If you want to take mostly trains, it would be possible if you drop
Rome and do something like London - Paris - Barcelona, fly Barcelona
to Prague, then Prague - Berlin - Amsterdam - London.