Booking a cruise

Old February 21st, 2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Booking a cruise

LeeNY wrote:
Tom K wrote:

Visit Peggy's Cove (absolutely lovely, just arrange with a taxi driver to
take you there)

That's a long cab ride. How much would they charge for that? It would
almost seem worth checking into renting a car for the day, especially
if any of the companies have a downtown office. I'm sure the ship
offers an excursion to Peggy's Cove? Not that I'm a big proponent of
ship's tours, but I just did the Halifax to Peggy's Cove drive this
past November. Unless cabs are incredibly cheap, it just seems that
there are more economical ways of getting there.

6 of us rented a van for something like $50 canadian .. (a little more
than 43 cents American ... :-) ) for the ride out there ... on the way
back we found a delightful restaurant called Shaw's Landing in West
Dover ? ... if you decide to take the trip eat there rather than at one
of the tourist traps by Peggy's Cove ... quaint but delicious and
authentically maritime ...

Old February 21st, 2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"LeeNY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tom W wrote:

And does anyone have suggestions on the best things to do in Halifax?

What day of the week are you in Halifax? If you're lucky enough to be
there on a saturday, definitely visit the farmers market. It's so much
more than produce - handcrafts, ethnic foods, baked goods, wines,
entertainment...a real Halifax happening. It was a highlight of our
Halifax visit.

Sounds like Anchorage, Alaska on a Saturday!

--Jean

Old February 21st, 2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

What day of the week are you in Halifax? If you're lucky enough to be
there on a saturday, definitely visit the farmers market. It's so much
more than produce - handcrafts, ethnic foods, baked goods, wines,
entertainment...a real Halifax happening. It was a highlight of our
Halifax visit.

Sounds like Anchorage, Alaska on a Saturday!

I couldn't say. I don't remember if we were in Anchorage on a saturday,
but I know that, if we were, we didn't hit the farmers market there (we
didn't know about it). The one in Halifax is indoors, year-round. It
kind of flows from room to room like a maze. It really is terrific.
Wall-to-wall people though, but some very cool stuff. It's right on the
waterfront, not far from the Maritime Museum, but on the other side of
the street.

Lee

--Jean