? on UAL from Infrequent Flyer

Old April 28th, 2017, 07:53 AM posted to rec.travel.air
MacFarland

Default ? on UAL from Infrequent Flyer

I only fly once or twice a year. Most of those trips are to an annual conference that moves around the country. It always take place the weekend before Thanksgiving. I don't think that fuel prices are that high right now. So I am puzzled by how high relatively ticket prices are, at least for UAL, even if they weren't being their own worst enemy. For example, for the same weekend two years ago, I got a round-trip UAL flight from SFO to ATL for about $540.00. Now I want to go from ONT to BOS. Even with a meeting discount, the cheapest round-trip I could get is over $700.00, no matter what airport around hear I leave from. There has not been that much inflation in 18 months. I know it's the weekend before Thanksgiving, but that's always the case. I've never seen economy cheapest fare be so high before. What is going on? Or, has the whole airline industry made a big price hike? I checked Delta, which is at least $100.00 cheaper. Does that mean that Delta is not a close competitor of UAL? I would have thought so. I'm also surprised that UAL is not losing a lot of business and really lowering their prices, but air travel isn't my specialty. What is keeping UAL so popular that they nave no need to lower ticket prices? I just hope that if I fly on UAL, I don't get selected to be forcibly removed from the plane.