InsureAndGo insurance - more like insure and don't go

Old January 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
someone

Default InsureAndGo insurance - more like insure and don't go

We had a big holiday trip planned to Central America in early January,
flying from London to Madrid, and then Madrid to our destination in Central
America. Due to industrial action by Iberia Airlines in Madrid, we were
marooned there in a queue, unable to leave, and with no food or sleep for 18
hours, then our onward flight was cancelled and we had to fly back to U.K.
InsureAndGo who we had insurance with told us to read the small print, which
of course said we were only covered if the cancellation occurred on the
first leg (London-Madrid) of the holiday and not for any others.

What a rip-off. Don't insure with them.

someone

Old January 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

someone wrote:

We had a big holiday trip planned to Central America in early January,
flying from London to Madrid, and then Madrid to our destination in Central
America. Due to industrial action by Iberia Airlines in Madrid, we were
marooned there in a queue, unable to leave, and with no food or sleep for 18
hours, then our onward flight was cancelled and we had to fly back to U.K.
InsureAndGo who we had insurance with told us to read the small print, which
of course said we were only covered if the cancellation occurred on the
first leg (London-Madrid) of the holiday and not for any others.

What a rip-off. Don't insure with them.

I'm wondering how much I've saved in the last 20 years by never buying
insurance.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
someone

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
someone wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately, some companies will refuse to deal with you if you refuse to
insure. So if you want to go to e.g. Antarctica on a package trip (which is
just about the only way you can do it), forget it. You must have insurance.

someone

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

someone wrote:

Unfortunately, some companies will refuse to deal with you if you refuse to
insure. So if you want to go to e.g. Antarctica on a package trip (which is
just about the only way you can do it), forget it.

I'll need to remember that next time I plan a trip to Antartica.

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:45:21 +0000, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

someone wrote:

We had a big holiday trip planned to Central America in early January,
flying from London to Madrid, and then Madrid to our destination in
Central America. Due to industrial action by Iberia Airlines in
Madrid, we were marooned there in a queue, unable to leave, and with no
food or sleep for 18 hours, then our onward flight was cancelled and we
had to fly back to U.K. InsureAndGo who we had insurance with told us
to read the small print, which of course said we were only covered if
the cancellation occurred on the first leg (London-Madrid) of the
holiday and not for any others.

What a rip-off. Don't insure with them.

I'm wondering how much I've saved in the last 20 years by never buying
insurance.

Half as much as I have saved by not insuring in 40 years?

Had they discovered the Antartic 40 years ago?

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

chancellor (*)) wrote:

someone wrote:

We had a big holiday trip planned to Central America in early January,
flying from London to Madrid, and then Madrid to our destination in
Central America. Due to industrial action by Iberia Airlines in
Madrid, we were marooned there in a queue, unable to leave, and with no
food or sleep for 18 hours, then our onward flight was cancelled and we
had to fly back to U.K. InsureAndGo who we had insurance with told us
to read the small print, which of course said we were only covered if
the cancellation occurred on the first leg (London-Madrid) of the
holiday and not for any others.

What a rip-off. Don't insure with them.

I'm wondering how much I've saved in the last 20 years by never buying
insurance.

Half as much as I have saved by not insuring in 40 years?

Had they discovered the Antartic 40 years ago?

or even the Antarctic?

Even there! I'm having a clear thinko on that one!

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

someone wrote:

[...]

I wonder how RTE's nutter in MAD is getting on.

Ja ja ja. I'd forgotten about him!

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:52:01 +0000, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

[]
I wonder how RTE's nutter in MAD is getting on.

Ja ja ja. I'd forgotten about him!

He's trying to remember why MAD spent so much buying BAA.

Because they were outbid on ABN AMRO?

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:45:21 +0000,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

I'm wondering how much I've saved in the last 20 years by never buying
insurance.

You're extremely fortunate if that is true.

On each of my trips I ended up ahead on insurance; usually
only a little.

However, my Mother would have been out of pocket something
in excess of $10,000 if she had not been insured last year.
On a trip to Gallipoli for Anzac Day she fell and broke her
wrist.

There were Turkish treatment and hospital costs, costly
changes to Turkish accommodation arrangements when her tour
had to continue without her, cancellation costs for the
weeks of tours in Europe that had been planned, airline
costs, and sundry other charges. Additionally a friend
stayed with her, cancelling her own arrangements to care for
her and those costs also had to be met.

Both ladies were insured by different agencies, but both
agencies were re-insured by QBE back here. All claims were
paid.

Not having insurance because you have never claimed is as
sensible as a teenage girl not practicing birth control
because she has never had a baby.

The argument here should be about the quality of that
insurance, not the need for it.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Drivers, Stepped Wells and Baolis