Best Phonecard/Temporary service to receive calls in Italy

Old April 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
BaroneMarone

Default Best Phonecard/Temporary service to receive calls in Italy

Hello All,

I am in Italy for 6 months, and a few people want to call me using
Skypeout (from Australia).

Can anyone suggest a good 'pre-paid card' or temporary service
provider (minumum plan is usually 12 mths).

I would like them to get the cheapest rates from Australia, and
obviously I want a good deal at my end.

Can anyone make some suggestions.

PS: What I have done to date:

I sent an email to Skype, asking for a schedule of rates to individual
mobile providers in Italy (per minute rate).

They wrote back suggesting, that my callers, buy some pre-paid credit
on Skype and that there are accounting features in Skype that can work
out how much each call has cost them.

Its not really answering my question.

But, seeing that they have this information for each customer, they
must know how much each provider is charging them (skype) per minute.

ALSO, anyone have any comments on service quality 'to mobiles' (and
in particular to Italy) from Skypeout.

Thanking you all for any participation.