When in the US...

Old June 20th, 2013, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default When in the US...

Martin wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:12:27 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:19:53 +0200, "Tim C."
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:01:12 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

So the local French agency provided poor bread. That doesn't mean that
the French don't have good bread.

They wanted us to be so unhappy with France that we'd stay away forever
after???

Probably.

Do you think it was personal?

Inasmuch as I was fairly anonymous in a group of Americans, and there were
some other goodies like downgrading our first accomodations from a hotel on
the beach to a B&B across town from it and the planned activities, I think
it was more likely the nationality. 8-)

Your nationality?

They must have been picking on you, because I have always eaten well,
often too well, in France, even in a FF6/night for half board Paris
hostel. I don't recall any French person being rude to me. A customs
official in New York was once very rude to me, despite my diplomatic
visa, but I never considered him as being typical. I've avoided
mentioning American bread.

Everyone in the group was served the same food. I don't mention American
bread, either. I bake my own.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Martin wrote:
..

Everyone in the group was served the same food. I don't mention American
bread, either. I bake my own.

Us too!

Here's you big chance :-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-cities.html

It certainly can't hurt! 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad