Can anyone ID this magazine?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 7th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Eva Whitley

Default Can anyone ID this magazine?

Last week I had to fly. Argh. I hate flying. I don't mind flying, per se,
it's the cattle car/sardine can thing I hate. (Who likes it?) Airlines and
fat people are not a good mix. Actually, the only people who may be
comfortable in coach are the short and thin and not claustrophobic.

The guy behind me (whose kids complained about their lack of space, and
attempted to blame it on my son and I having our arm rests up (I
demostrated
that the arm rests were 100% in our space, but they continued to be cranky)
had a dad who was reading a magazine. It looked like a small circulation
magazine, with black and white photos on a white non-glossy paper. He was
reading an anti-FA article called "The Myth of Fat Acceptance" illustrated
with the cover of LIFE IN THE FAT LANE (an ironic choice, if you've ever
read that book). Can anyone ID that magazine? I'd like to read that article
but I didn't think conditions were right for asking that guy the details.

With any luck, I won't have to fly until July 2005. Whee! Maybe I can win a
lottery before that and take a cruise ship over. (You can do ferries up to
Labrador, and there used to be a ferry going between Iceland and Scotland
but there aren't ferries between Labrador and Iceland, which I imagine
would
be a rather exciting trip about this time of year. Pity, because if flying
is the worst way to go, ferries are just about the best, in my
estimation.) --Eva Whitley