Camp America

Old March 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Camp America

Hi Guys,

I live in the UK but am going to the US in June to work on Camp Leemar
in Pennsylvania teaching dance.
I finish camp about August 20th and would then really like to travel
until my visa runs out in November, think I want to travel the east
coast and maybe Miami.
Anyone got any advice as I have never travelled before or anyone that
is maybe in my situation and is going themselves through Camp America?
Get in touch
Gemma

Old March 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Mar 9, 6:53 am, wrote:
Hi Guys,

I live in the UK but am going to the US in June to work on Camp Leemar
in Pennsylvania teaching dance.
I finish camp about August 20th and would then really like to travel
until my visa runs out in November, think I want to travel the east
coast and maybe Miami.
Anyone got any advice as I have never travelled before or anyone that
is maybe in my situation and is going themselves through Camp America?
Get in touch
Gemma

What's your budget? What kind of things you like to do and see?

Old March 12th, 2007, 01:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
k[_1_]

"SwingCha" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
am going to the US in June to work on Camp Leemar
in Pennsylvania teaching dance.

You didn't say what kind of dancer you are but if you're a Social Dancer,
there are many events you might like to attend. Many of them may be found
on the calendar of

DANCE EVENTS Around The World: at least three days and two nights
Monthly view:
http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,c0b200/dancefest/?v=2&t
Weekly view: http://calendar.yahoo.com/dancefest/

accessed directly or through: http://geocities.com/dancefest/

Whatever you decide, it might be wise to start your adventure in the north
and work your way south, thus avoiding the advent of winter. Truthfully,
from Aug to Nov should be safe anywhere, but weather can be capricious.

Keith

Old March 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 9, 4:48 pm, "PeterL" wrote:
On Mar 9, 6:53 am, wrote:

Hi Guys,

I live in the UK but am going to the US in June to work on Camp Leemar
in Pennsylvania teaching dance.
I finish camp about August 20th and would then really like to travel
until my visa runs out in November, think I want to travel the east
coast and maybe Miami.
Anyone got any advice as I have never travelled before or anyone that
is maybe in my situation and is going themselves through Camp America?
Get in touch
Gemma

What's your budget? What kind of things you like to do and see?

Well im not sure what my budget is going to be yet as im frantically
tring to save as we speak! Probaly about $2000
I know that I wouls really like to go to New York and Miami. I love
dancing so probably see a couple of shows. I want to see big shops,
maybe a basketball or baseball game, sit in a diner and get some real
American food!! I just want to see as much as I can!