Biggest Princess ships?

Old February 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Default Biggest Princess ships?

My wife wants to try a "BIG" ship this year and she has Mexico or
Caribbean on Princess to choose from. We were on the Diamond in 2006
but though it kind of "average".

I can't really ferret out the info off the Princess web site and since
she won the trip, we don't want to bug the local TA.

Anyone know what the biggies are?

Thanks

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , RayC
wrote:

My wife wants to try a "BIG" ship this year and she has Mexico or
Caribbean on Princess to choose from. We were on the Diamond in 2006
but though it kind of "average".

I can't really ferret out the info off the Princess web site and since
she won the trip, we don't want to bug the local TA.

Anyone know what the biggies are?

The Diamond Princess is pretty large. It could hardly be considered
average size.

The biggest Princess ships are the Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby
Princess. They are a little bigger than Diamond although I don't think
they are significantly bigger. If she wants really big ships you need
to go on Royal Caribbean.

--
Charles
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

RayC wrote:
My wife wants to try a "BIG" ship this year and she has Mexico or
Caribbean on Princess to choose from. We were on the Diamond in 2006
but though it kind of "average".

I can't really ferret out the info off the Princess web site and since
she won the trip, we don't want to bug the local TA.

Anyone know what the biggies are?

The biggest Princess ships are the Crown and Emerald Princess which are
sister ships. Soon to come out will be the Ruby Princess which will be
identical to them.

sue
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Muz@aoo[_2_]

"sue mullen" wrote in message

RayC wrote:
My wife wants to try a "BIG" ship this year and she has Mexico or
Caribbean on Princess to choose from. We were on the Diamond in 2006 but
though it kind of "average".

I can't really ferret out the info off the Princess web site and since
she won the trip, we don't want to bug the local TA.

Anyone know what the biggies are?

The biggest Princess ships are the Crown and Emerald Princess which are
sister ships. Soon to come out will be the Ruby Princess which will be
identical to them.

sue

The "biggest" RCCL ships are quite wonderful, a promenade down the interior
line of the ship, entertainment on ice, swimming and sun bathing options are
more available. The best news I read from your request was the fact your
wife ~won~ this cruise. Lucky ducks!

Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Muz@aoo wrote:

The "biggest" RCCL ships are quite wonderful, a promenade down the interior
line of the ship, entertainment on ice, swimming and sun bathing options are
more available. The best news I read from your request was the fact your
wife ~won~ this cruise. Lucky ducks!

RCCL is what she is really interested in for our next "bought" trip but
she has won a cruise for the last two years so is at the discretion of
the prize. The first one she won was Princess, then HAL and now
Princess again. Of course, they are "bilge seats" but who cares!

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

WOW! How did she win such a trip?

cruise lover

Old February 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Surfer E2468 wrote:
WOW! How did she win such a trip?

cruise lover

This will be the third cruise that she has won by being top sales for
her company. She has been the top seller for every year she has been
working there and has won resort stays, all-inclusives in Mexico and
these cruises. This year she did almost double what the second place
person did in dollar volume! I guess you can tell I am proud of her!! :-)

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Harry Cooper

Ray, I presumed the winning was good fortune. It's pleasing to learn she
worked harder and smarter. You picked a winning bride.

Harry Cooper

"RayC" wrote in message
m...

Old February 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Harry Cooper wrote:
Ray, I presumed the winning was good fortune. It's pleasing to learn she
worked harder and smarter. You picked a winning bride.

Harry Cooper

Thanks Harry!

She sells vacation packages for our local west coast airline. Until she
went over there, she worked with me being a commission sales rep for the
diving industry so she learned to tell when someone is ready to buy. It
is the first time the airline hired a sales person.

However, she says that there really is no "selling" involved! People
call up wanting to go on a trip somewhere and she sets them up. She has
a LOT of travel agents call her up for pre and post cruise vacation
packages because they pay agents commission on airfare as well as the
rest of the package. The agent doesn't have to do any work at all ...
she does all the research, gets the rooms, air, transfers, attraction
tickets, etc all set up and the agent gets the 10-13% commission.

Anyway ... thanks for the complement ... I will pass that on to her!

--
Ray Contreras