Considering Darwin...

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Runge

Default Considering Darwin...

Thats a follow up to my previous post...We've appreciated Cairns soo much,
we 'd like to consider either Brisbane Townsville or Darwin which seems like
an interesting place for at least 2 weeks holidays.
Problem is, which flights get to Darwin?
I heard some asian places are directly connected...Which ones?
Would you recommend Darwin + region for at least 2 weeks stay in sep/october
?
Any hints for a nice lodging?
Best bet would be to stay also in another place not too far, but where ??
Thanks all

Old June 14th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Jason

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:11:14 +0200, Runge wrote:

Thats a follow up to my previous post...We've appreciated Cairns soo much,
we 'd like to consider either Brisbane Townsville or Darwin which seems like
an interesting place for at least 2 weeks holidays.

I wouldn't go Townsville for a 2 week holiday. It really isn't very
exciting. There's not a huge amount to do in Darwin itself, but national
parks like Litchfield and Kakadu are interesting, if you're into that sort
of thing. Katherine Gorge is also not too far away. The Bungle Bungles are
good too. Plus you could also fly down to Alice and tour around the Red Centre,
visiting places like Ayers Rock, King's Canyon and Palm Valley.

None of these places have anywhere near the night life that's in Cairns,
so if that's what you're after, you probably want to go somewhere else.

Problem is, which flights get to Darwin?

I flew Qantas from Singapore.

Any hints for a nice lodging?

YHA looked nice. Place I stayed wasn't.

Jason

--
http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for Aussie diving reports including
the Coral Sea, Ningaloo reef, the Solitaries and Byron Bay

Old June 14th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Joachim

"Runge" wrote in message
Thats a follow up to my previous post...We've appreciated Cairns soo much,
we 'd like to consider either Brisbane Townsville or Darwin which seems

like
an interesting place for at least 2 weeks holidays.
Problem is, which flights get to Darwin?
I heard some asian places are directly connected...Which ones?
Would you recommend Darwin + region for at least 2 weeks stay in

sep/october
?
Any hints for a nice lodging?

Mirambeena Resort
http://www.mirambeena.com.au/info.htm

Old June 14th, 2004, 12:37 PM
..be..

"Runge" wrote in message ...
Thats a follow up to my previous post...We've appreciated Cairns soo much,
we 'd like to consider either Brisbane Townsville or Darwin which seems like
an interesting place for at least 2 weeks holidays.
Problem is, which flights get to Darwin?
I heard some asian places are directly connected...Which ones?

singapore, jakarta, bali and others

Would you recommend Darwin + region for at least 2 weeks stay in sep/october

darwin is good any time of the year

Any hints for a nice lodging?

any of the backpackers in mitchell street else plenty of good hotels

Best bet would be to stay also in and other place not too far, but where ??

katherine is the next closest town 300kms south