when is the low season for Mediterranean cruise

Old April 5th, 2009, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Amy Moore

Default when is the low season for Mediterranean cruise

Can you please tell me when is the low season for the Mediterranean cruises?
I am planning to take my wife on our 35th anniversary on a Mediterranean
cruise of the western route.
Can you please tell me what is the good route and how many days do you
recommend? I assume the key ports are in Italy, France, Spain, Greece.
Any good cruise company and ports I should select? Any don't miss?
We was in Rome, couple years ago, for a week. So, we can skip Rome.
Thank you.

Old April 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_2_]

wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:51:37 -0700:

Can you please tell me when is the low season for the
Mediterranean cruises? I am planning to take my wife on our
35th anniversary on a Mediterranean cruise of the western
route. Can you please tell me what is the good route and how
many days do you recommend? I assume the key ports are in
Italy, France, Spain, Greece. Any good cruise company and
ports I should select? Any don't miss? We was in Rome, couple years
ago, for a week. So, we can skip Rome. Thank you.

You might be as well to do a Google search to find low, standard and
high seasons. This looks probably correct:
http://www.vacation.gr/cruises/Golde...ling_Dates.htm

I'm not commenting on the quality.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old April 5th, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Tom K

" Amy Moore" wrote in message
Can you please tell me when is the low season for the Mediterranean
cruises?
I am planning to take my wife on our 35th anniversary on a Mediterranean
cruise of the western route.
Can you please tell me what is the good route and how many days do you
recommend? I assume the key ports are in Italy, France, Spain, Greece.
Any good cruise company and ports I should select? Any don't miss?
We was in Rome, couple years ago, for a week. So, we can skip Rome.
Thank you.

Summer is always peak season. And in August the Europeans will be off from
work. So earlier in the Spring, and later in the fall is low season.

Take this quick 4 question test to help you pick a cruise line:
http://www.02cruise.com/LineSearch/index.asp
Let us know the results that you get.

--Tom

Old April 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 5, 10:51*am, " Amy Moore" wrote:
Can you please tell me when is the low season for the Mediterranean cruises?
I am planning to take my wife on our 35th anniversary on a Mediterranean
cruise of the western route.
Can you please tell me what is the good route and how many days do you
recommend? I assume the key ports are in Italy, France, Spain, Greece.
Any good cruise company and ports I should select? Any don't miss?
We was in Rome, couple years ago, for a week. So, we can skip Rome.
Thank you.

Greece would not be in the western route. There are all kinds of
specials for cruises these days. If you can go early in the season or
late you can get some pretty amazing deals. I'd suggest you sign up
with various cruise companies and get email specials, but you'd have
to book real fast when the deals come out.
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Bill[_1_]

On 4/5/2009 1:51 PM, Amy Moore wrote:
Can you please tell me when is the low season for the Mediterranean
cruises?

This year appears to be a great year for Mediterranean cruises
as prices are very reasonable. Celebrity just announced a sale
last week and while most of the prices are not as cheap as the
50% off they claim, there are some good deals.They had an
outside cabin on a 12 night cruise in late July on Summit for
$1299. That deal is now gone (up to $1650) but the prices now
still seem cheaper than the $2000 I think they usually go for
(Royal Caribbean is around that price). Apparently Princess had
a similar sale a few weeks ago that actually was 2-for-1.

Bill
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
A. Moore

Default Seek advises on Mediterranean cruise

Thank you for your response.
We are considering 7 to 12 days cruise.
The ports we definitely wish to go are Venice and Athens.
The other optional cities (we can do without) are Monte Carlo, Florence,
Cannes, Barcelona.
Can you please tell me what would be the correct cruise route?
We are from California. So what would be a good starting and ending port?
Thank you.

Old April 7th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
A. Moore

Thank you for your response.
We are considering 7 to 12 days cruise.
The ports we definitely wish to visit are Venice and Athens.
The other optional ports (we can do without) are Monte Carlo, Florence,
Cannes, Barcelona.
Can you please tell me what would be the correct cruise routes?

Old April 8th, 2009, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Bill[_1_]

On 4/7/2009 6:07 PM, A. Moore wrote:
Thank you for your response.
We are considering 7 to 12 days cruise.
The ports we definitely wish to visit are Venice and Athens.
The other optional ports (we can do without) are Monte Carlo, Florence,
Cannes, Barcelona.
Can you please tell me what would be the correct cruise routes?
We are from California. So what would be a good starting and ending port?
Thank you.

Did you go to the website that the person in your earlier post
(which you should have just continued to reply to instead of
creating a new thread) suggested you go to? What did it suggest?
You really should find a travel agent since you really seem to
have little idea what you want and you haven't given people here
much information to make recommendations on. What is more
important to you? Price? Food? The 12 night Mediterranean cruise
on Celebrity Summit goes to Venice and Athens and then have some
good deals right now. Princess and Royal Caribbean also have
similar cruises, but their prices seem higher at the moment.

Bill
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
D Ball[_2_]

On Apr 7, 5:07*pm, " A. Moore" wrote:
Thank you for your response.
We are considering 7 to 12 days cruise.
The ports we definitely wish to visit are Venice and Athens.
The other optional ports (we can do without) are Monte Carlo, Florence,
Cannes, Barcelona.
Can you please tell me what would be the correct cruise routes?
We are from California. So what would be a good starting and ending port?
Thank you.

Hi, A. Moore,

I've always liked the cruise search finder on Travelocity, but
Orbitz's includes more lines, so take your pick or try any other major
online travel supplier--they all have them. You can get the best
results of you choose the advanced cruise search engine, as it allows
you to narrow down the search to bring up exactly what you are looking
for.

Shoulder season cruises (best deals) will begin in mid-April and run
through May, then pick up again after Labor Day and run through mid-
October or later. It sounds like you have already seen most of the
Western Med, but you can do a search based on months for Western Med.
And then you can do one for Eastern Med to compare.

If you're talking about 2009, you need to get moving. Perhaps after
you pull up some examples, you will begin to zero in on some features
that are important to you--then you definitely should take your cruise
interest to a travel agent who specializes in cruise travel.

Happy 35th Anniversary! That is a wonderful milestone to celebrate in
the Mediterranean!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old April 9th, 2009, 06:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
A. Moore

Thank you, Ms. Diana Ball.
I have reseached and toke all, at least 50 sites, in Google list of these
cruise web site quiz and all the online site, such as Orbitz, Travelocity...
None really give me choice of selection of cities / ports that matched what
I am looking for and what I am not wanting to go.