Worried about airline choices?

Old January 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
HDawson228

Default Worried about airline choices?

There are only two domestic US airlines that consistantly make money.
Southwest and AirTran. Oh. I'm not sure about JetBlue.
The rest all loose money big time.
This information may be important in choosing an airline to get to your cruise.
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Thomas Smith

Southwest and AirTran are both profitable. JetBlue was profitable, but they
took a hit when the hurricanes hit Florida knocking out some of their major
routes. Frontier was also profitable, but high fuel costs are hurting.

Of the legacy carriers, US Air and United are most in danger of failing.
Delta and American aren't too healthy either. Continental and Northwest are
only slightly better off.

If you remember Jurassic Park, they had these little dinosaurs that would
kill by ganging up on the much larger pray. Sure, a few would get squashed,
but eventually they would take down the larger victim. The discount
carriers are the little dinosaurs, and the legacy carriers are the larger
prey in this example.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Old January 30th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Irish

I have nothing good to say about Air Strand. Old planes, dirty seats,
sullen employees and sudden cancellations due to "weather". They are not to
be trusted.

JPMcT

Old January 31st, 2005, 06:48 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:19:28 -0500, Irish wrote:

I have nothing good to say about Air Strand. Old planes, dirty seats,

Cheap seat, cheap seats.
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:19 PM

Irish wrote:
I have nothing good to say about Air Strand. Old planes, dirty

seats,
sullen employees and sudden cancellations due to "weather". They are

not to
be trusted.

JPMcT

Weren't most of their planes upgraded to 717s or am I wrong? This would
give them one of the youngest fleets in the industry.

Michael

Old January 31st, 2005, 07:28 PM

HDawson228 wrote:
There are only two domestic US airlines that consistantly make money.
Southwest and AirTran. Oh. I'm not sure about JetBlue.
The rest all loose money big time.
This information may be important in choosing an airline to get to

your cruise.
What about Frontier?

So in other words I should have booked my flight to FLL for 02/19/05 on
WN out of SLC or FL out of DEN instead of NW out of CPR? At this point
I am more worried bout the weather and road condition to one of the
above metioned airports. Also only airline I won't fly on at this time
would be US and possilbly UA.

Michael