Aloha Airlines is Bankrupt, Should I be Concerned?

Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Aloha Airlines is Bankrupt, Should I be Concerned?

Hey all

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/21/alo...rtner=yahootix

I have a flight with them in this coming May from Hilo to Honolulu. I
am just wondering if I should be concerned about this. This is United
flight run by Aloha, so should I contact them to get this flight
changed to a different airline?

Thanks
HBS
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Kulp

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:48:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hey all

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/21/alo...rtner=yahootix

I have a flight with them in this coming May from Hilo to Honolulu. I
am just wondering if I should be concerned about this. This is United
flight run by Aloha, so should I contact them to get this flight
changed to a different airline?

You can try that, but if your fare was charged to a credit card, you
are protected in bankruptcy.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.

I wouldn't worry about it. This isn't the first time they've gone
through bankruptcy, they're unlikely to liquidate.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

wrote in message
Hey all

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/21/alo...rtner=yahootix

I have a flight with them in this coming May from Hilo to Honolulu. I
am just wondering if I should be concerned about this. This is United
flight run by Aloha, so should I contact them to get this flight
changed to a different airline?

Thanks
HBS

May is pretty soon, so I would think the odds are they will be operating.
But longer term, their situation is kind of dicey, since (1) this is their
second bankrutpcy, and (2) there appears to be no way an airline can make
money on 200 mile hops with $100 a barrel oil.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Mar 23, 3:27*pm, John Levine wrote:
I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.

I wouldn't worry about it. *This isn't the first time they've gone
through bankruptcy, they're unlikely to liquidate.

I have a friend that says I should buy a full fare ticket on another
airline. That way I have a back-up plan if Aloha is kaputt in a few
months. He also says I get a refund on the ticket if Aloha is still
going strong.

HBS
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Mar 23, 5:24*pm, " wrote:
On Mar 23, 3:27*pm, John Levine wrote:

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.

I wouldn't worry about it. *This isn't the first time they've gone
through bankruptcy, they're unlikely to liquidate.

I have a friend that says I should buy a full fare ticket on another
airline. That way I have a back-up plan if Aloha is kaputt in a few
months. He also says I get a refund on the ticket if Aloha is still
going strong.

HBS

Hey Hot

What I was saying if had been listening, is that your Aloha flight was
marketed by UA and they should have the burden for getting you to HNL
from ITO should Aloha go out of business. I also said that UA most
likely would not put you on another airline, unless Aloha does go out
of business. I addition you asked about buying a ticket from someone
like GO! and I told you that I felt you should not need to do that and
unless you bought a full fare ticket you could be out your money if
you end up on the original Aloha flight.

Michael
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Doe[_2_]

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.

They got formal approval to continue full operations under Chapter 11 on
Monday. For the next few months, they are a pretty safe bet.

What you may see is some changes to the schedule and reducing some
frequencies on some routes. You might see change of aircraft type on
some routes as well.

You should simply keep an eye open for schedule changes on your flights
to ensure that if/when they change the schedule (or aircraft type), you
are accomodated on a flight that will still connect to your UA flight.