Paris Metro Passes and Museum Passes redux

Old March 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM
Gordon

Default Paris Metro Passes and Museum Passes redux

I am offering the following information based on my experience between
19-24 Feb of this year. Our hotel was out in the suburbs in the 13th
eme at Place d'Italie. We used public transportation totally, except
for back and forth to the airport. We used it a lot, primarily buses
this trip so that we could sightsee. For the two of us for 4 1/2
days, we bought a total of 3 carnets and 2 individual tickets at a
total cost of 32.60 Euros. It is hard to see how the Metro passes
could beat that, but that is purely my opinion:}

We did not get a museum pass this time as we only wanted to go to the
Musee d'Orsay on this trip and the cost for that is 7.00 Euros.
However, on a cold February Friday morning, we stood in line for over
30 minutes to get in while the people with passes walked straight in.
Now I am fairly conservative with money, but I think that, for
multiple museums, especially as the weather gets warmer and the crowds
get larger, the museum passes would be worth their weight in gold just
keeping you out of the lines.

Just one man's opinion:}

Gordon (the other Gordon)
Old March 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
Jenn

In article ,
(Gordon) wrote:

[...]

the D'Orsay was the only museum we had to wait in line for last summer
-- the Louvre has many entrances and at least one is underground in a
shopping mall so if there were a line, we would have waited in comfort
-- none of the other museums we visited in Paris had lines at all
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:38 PM
JamesStep

we stood in line for over 30 minutes to get in while the
people with passes walked straight in ... the museum passes
would be worth their weight in gold just keeping you out of the lines.

We bought museum passes because Rick Steves recommended them
and we were very glad we did. The passes definitely saved us some
time at each museum we visited (especially at the Louvre), and time
is a valuable commodity on a vacation.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-