Would you cancel?

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

Default Would you cancel?

First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise.
Nothing short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise. Would
any of you seriously consider cancelling?

Marsha
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , MAS wrote:

First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise.
Nothing short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise. Would
any of you seriously consider cancelling?

No. I would not consider it seriously or not seriously.

--
Charles
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/3/11 7:14 PM, MAS wrote:
First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise. Nothing
short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise. Would any of you
seriously consider cancelling?

Marsha

We're going to Bermuda this Sunday. No I wouldn't consider cancelling.
If it was a sailing to a place like the Middle East/Egypt, then that's
a whole other ball game... but Bermuda or the Caribbean? I wouldn't cancel.

--Tom
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

We're going to Bermuda this Sunday. No I wouldn't consider cancelling.
If it was a sailing to a place like the Middle East/Egypt, then that's
a whole other ball game... but Bermuda or the Caribbean? I wouldn't cancel.

If Al Queda has any ability to retaliate the most unsafe place to be
would be here....

--
Charles
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Tue, 03 May 2011 19:14:13 -0400, MAS wrote:

First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise.
Nothing short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise. Would
any of you seriously consider cancelling?

Al Qaeda don't have submarines.

Yet...
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

No, I would not cancel! Go and have a great time, and forget about what
is going on in the world.

Old May 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Would not cancel any of our traveling plans,you cannot allow someone to
have you live in fear. Your time to die is decided when you are
born, Nothing will change god's plans for you

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old May 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Tue, 03 May 2011 19:14:13 -0400, MAS wrote:

First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise.

And your proof is...

Nothing short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise.

Then why are you asking?

Would any of you seriously consider cancelling?

I don't seriously consider his 2May demise.
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default Would you cancel? Hell NO!

Of course not.

First of all, Osama is not dead.

The "photoshop" photos of a tall dead man with
Osama's head pasted on top we're too amateurish for the administration
to release.

Osama might just pull a terror stunt to show he is alive and well, or he
may stay hidden in his cave and be left alone.

Has anyone going to the Med this summer taken a look at a map? Libya
can disrupt the crowded cruise scene and it's crazy leader might go out
in a blaze of glory.

Today, a guy went through the gate at Port Everglades and headed for the
Princess terminal as the Coral Princess was about to
dock.

He was driving a stolen car and had some pot on him and a suspended
license. I wonder why Port Everglades checks everyone's license, and
Miami stops nobody?

I cruised twice in the last moth and have three cruises booked for
the summer and one more
on a wait list.

So far cruising has been the safest form of travel invented.

Even with the meaningless security checks, I feel worry-free on cruise
ship.

Old May 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Tue, 03 May 2011 19:14:13 -0400, MAS wrote:

First cruise is coming up on 5/15. A few people at work have actually
asked if I planned on cancelling, because of bin laden's demise.
Nothing short of my death is going to make me miss this cruise. Would
any of you seriously consider cancelling?

Some people are seriously stupid to suggest that

We leave 5/12 for a 5/13 cruise to Alaska which is a bucket list item
for me. I have a bad case of bronchitis and so does Bob, but we think
we will be better by then. Bob is already much better.

My sister called and found out I was sick and that I have a doctor's
appointment tomorrow and was insistent that I tell the doctor that I
intended traveling. I'm not contagious - this is because of reduced
lung function and allergy (there's been a lot of pollen here). So
...if it is physically possible then I am going.

I see no reason to tell the doctor. It is so much easier for doctors
to say no than it is for them to say yes. Unfortunately because the
cruise was booked so close to the final payment day (1 day in advance
of it) I didn't think to get insurance, and this is the only cruise
that fits into our schedule.