wifi woes

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default wifi woes

This is a rant- I'm not really seeking advice.

At Lisbon airport today, I had an hour to spare so thought I'd get on
the wifi there. With 5 different companies to choose from (through the
same ANA portal) not a single one worked. Vodafone kept on complaining
about my post code not being correct, another company (I forget them all
now) couldn't connect with its server for payment, another only accepted
visa if from Brazil (!), otherwise MC or Amex (neither of which I have.)
If I'd had a Portuguese mobile, no problem, I could have sent an SMS as
payment, but I didn't. I imagine a lot of people using the service
don't. Bizarre...

I wish the EU would cut roaming data charges to 10p per MB, that would
seem OK to me, and I'd use my MiFi a lot more than I did. The upside was
that elsewhere in Lisbon and Braga (where I spent most of the time
working) it was relatively easy to find free wifi... even many of the
buses in Lisbon have it now. It just seems stupid that I pay £15 a month
for 3GB of data on pay as you go in the UK, and the minute I go to
another EU country I'm charged 200 times that.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)

Old April 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Johannes Kleese

David Horne wrote:

Runge 128 wrote:

Yawn

Runge always has to add nothing.

It's amazing how much time a person can spend on writing stuff of which
he knows right on nobody will care about. It's not just the writing, you
have to open the newsreader, fetch the postings, look for the idiots to
reply to (no, not everybody gets the honor), think about what to write,
then write it and post it. And some days he seems to hook up to a dozen
postings.

I mean, seriously: How miserable a life could someone have to choose to
spend his time with _that_? Even watching the gras grow seems to be more
entertaining to me

Old April 8th, 2011, 06:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Johannes Kleese wrote:

David Horne wrote:

Runge 128 wrote:

Yawn

Runge always has to add nothing.

It's amazing how much time a person can spend on writing stuff of which
he knows right on nobody will care about. It's not just the writing, you
have to open the newsreader, fetch the postings, look for the idiots to
reply to (no, not everybody gets the honor), think about what to write,
then write it and post it. And some days he seems to hook up to a dozen
postings.

I mean, seriously: How miserable a life could someone have to choose to
spend his time with _that_? Even watching the gras grow seems to be more
entertaining to me

He's obsessed with us and I admit I find it funny to observe.

Old April 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:53:16 +0200, David Horne wrote:

Johannes Kleese wrote:

David Horne wrote:

Runge 128 wrote:

Yawn

Runge always has to add nothing.

It's amazing how much time a person can spend on writing stuff of which
he knows right on nobody will care about. It's not just the writing, you
have to open the newsreader, fetch the postings, look for the idiots to
reply to (no, not everybody gets the honor), think about what to write,
then write it and post it. And some days he seems to hook up to a dozen
postings.

I mean, seriously: How miserable a life could someone have to choose to
spend his time with _that_? Even watching the gras grow seems to be more
entertaining to me

He's obsessed with us and I admit I find it funny to observe.

He used to practise Animal Husbandry until they caught him at it.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

I spent half a sec this miserable topic needed more and you have nothing
better to do apparently.

Old April 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Runge 128 wrote:

I spent half a sec this miserable topic needed more and you have nothing
better to do apparently.

You spent more than half a sec typing that though, and it's the time you
spend searching for posts to feign outrage at that Johannes was pointing
out. You do spend an unnatural amount of time responding to posts you
claim no interest in.