Princess cruises to Caribbean

Old April 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

Default Princess cruises to Caribbean

We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7 day
cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it costs
us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

Old April 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BikeRider50

On 4/10/2011 1:15 PM, Jr. wrote:
We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7
day cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it
costs us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

Lot's of good deals on 14-18 day trans canal repositioning cruises out
of Florida and San Juan now. All those ships going to Alaska have to get
there. Everyone should do a canal trip at least once in their life.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jr. wrote:

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

Sometimes you have to get off briefly and sometimes you just go to the
pursers desk. I think you are supposed to do the muster drill again.
You may not be in the same cabin and have a different muster station.

--
Charles
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

In article , Jr. wrote:

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

Sometimes you have to get off briefly and sometimes you just go to the
pursers desk. I think you are supposed to do the muster drill again.
You may not be in the same cabin and have a different muster station.

--
Charles

Our travel agent said this would be booked as a 14 day cruise and we would
not change
cabins. In previous 10-day cruises on Princess they announced only the
passengers that
got on new that day had to take part in the muster drill.

We just didn't know if we had to get off the ship or if we could soak in the
rays that day.

Old April 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/10/11 4:15 PM, Jr. wrote:
We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7
day cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it
costs us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

When are you looking to go? There are a number of long sailings that go
out of the NYC area in the winter. A new Celebrity ship will be there
next winter. I think she will do 2 week sailings. The Queen Mary 2
sails from there as well, with multiple long sailings. RCI's Explorer
also...

And Explorer does 9 night sailings even in the summer.

And if you're looking for something different in the summer, you could
do back to back crossings on the QM2. And some (that go all the way to
Hamburg) might give you a few days in England before you return.

And NYC airfare can be reasonable from many locations.

--Tom
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

And NYC airfare can be reasonable from many locations.

Eh. You have not been looking at airfare prices the last few weeks like
I have been. Got some pretty good Europe cruise prices and the airfare
was higher than the cabin.

--
Charles
Old April 11th, 2011, 03:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Yes you will have to get off the ship, but you will be in the group that
gets back on first.

Yes, you will be expected at the muster drill, as is any other
passenger, new or old.

I just returned on a Princess 10 day and it was very good

The staff were very attentive, food excellent and entertainment fair to
good.

If you want a good seat in the Theatres on Princes always come early!

Gadget

Old April 11th, 2011, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/10/11 10:25 PM, Gadget World wrote:
Yes you will have to get off the ship, but you will be in the group that
gets back on first.

Yes, you will be expected at the muster drill, as is any other
passenger, new or old.

I just returned on a Princess 10 day and it was very good

The staff were very attentive, food excellent and entertainment fair to
good.

If you want a good seat in the Theatres on Princes always come early!

Gadget

IMO, Princess hasn't had excellent food on over 7 years (if they ever
did). I wouldn't even rate it good food. I think it's been downgraded
by the corporate bean counters to the point where it's comparable to
RCI's food, which I'd call "fair" at best. And some of it, particularly
desserts, not even that high.

I'd say Celebrity and Holland America have food that I'd call "good to
very good"... and Cunard food "maybe" approaches excellent. But
Princess? Not even close. Pretending it does just paints unrealistic
expectations.

--Tom
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

We priced airfare from philly to london and they are asking $1100.00 Per
Person R.T Way out of line only for the very rich

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 12th, 2011, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Jr." wrote in message
We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7 day
cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it
costs us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

When we did the B-to-B on the Caribbean Princess in December (San Juan) we
did not have to leave the ship. Was listed by the cruise line as a 14 day
"logical" cruise which of course was two 7 day cruises. While we only got
one cruise credit for the Captain's Circle and military service ($250 for
the 14 day cruise but if had been two one week ones would have been 2 X
$100) on board credit, we actually got two one week free 150 minute internet
packages (Platinum members) for both the wife and myself.

What they did was provide the new room key card (for the same room) the
night before port to change out passengers. After they had offloaded the
ones leaving they provided a place on the ship to go and swipe out with the
old card and swipe in with the new card. If you chose to leave the ship they
give you a special "paper" card for an "in transit" passenger so that you
can get back onboard easily. We did NOT have to participate in the second
emergency drill.

Princess does have RT from Ft. Lauderdale into the canal and back which
lasts for 10 days.