trans- _South_ -Pacific flights

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Henry

Default trans- _South_ -Pacific flights

Can it really be true that Air Chile and Air Argentina are the only
carriers to fly directly from South America to Oz and NZ (directly =
without transiting the US)?

Do these lines actually do it themselves. or does the info I am finding
refer to hidden code-shares? If so, who is the OP?

cheers,

Henry
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Al Bennett

"Henry" wrote in message
Can it really be true that Air Chile and Air Argentina are the only
carriers to fly directly from South America to Oz and NZ (directly =
without transiting the US)?

Do these lines actually do it themselves. or does the info I am finding
refer to hidden code-shares? If so, who is the OP?

cheers,

Henry

Nah not true at all - LAN Chile and Aerolineas operate from Sth America
to Oceania direct. NO hidden codes - it's their metal.

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Henry

Al Bennett wrote:

"Henry" wrote:

Can it really be true that Air Chile and Air Argentina are the only
carriers to fly directly from South America to Oz and NZ (directly =
without transiting the US)?

Do these lines actually do it themselves. or does the info I am finding
refer to hidden code-shares? If so, who is the OP?

Nah not true at all - LAN Chile and Aerolineas operate from Sth America
to Oceania direct. NO hidden codes - it's their metal.

But are they really the only ones? Why not Qantas? Why not ANZ? Why not
Singapora?

What about between SA and North Asia--are there any direct flights from
Lima or Santiago (or Rio or B.A., for that matter) to Japan or Korea?

cheers,

Henry
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:08 AM
S&A Freeston

"Henry" wrote in message
Can it really be true that Air Chile and Air Argentina are the only
carriers to fly directly from South America to Oz and NZ (directly =
without transiting the US)?

cheers,

Henry

Hello henry,
Quantas is also flying (direct) from Auckland to Buenos Aires.
Kind regards
Stefanie

Old March 10th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Tony Bailey

"S&A Freeston" wrote in message
Quantas is also flying (direct) from Auckland to Buenos Aires.

Who's that?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Old March 10th, 2004, 03:20 AM
S&A Freeston

"Tony Bailey" wrote in message
"S&A Freeston" wrote in message
Quantas is also flying (direct) from Auckland to Buenos Aires.

Who's that?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Sorry I don't understand your question.
Regards
Stefanie

Old March 10th, 2004, 03:23 AM
S&A Freeston

Default Oops: trans- _South_ -Pacific flights

" Who's that?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Sorry I don't understand your question.
Regards
Stefanie

Oh, I see my spelling was wrong :Qantas.
regards, Stefanie

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Geodyne

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:20:39 +1300, "S&A Freeston"
wrote:

"Tony Bailey" wrote in message
u...
"S&A Freeston" wrote in message
Quantas is also flying (direct) from Auckland to Buenos Aires.

Who's that?

Sorry I don't understand your question.

He was trying to suggest that you misspelled Qantas.

Geodyne

Old March 10th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Henry

S&A Freeston wrote:

"Henry" wrote:

Can it really be true that Air Chile and Air Argentina are the only
carriers to fly directly from South America to Oz and NZ (directly =
without transiting the US)?

Quantas is also flying (direct) from Auckland to Buenos Aires.

Thanks. Is this a new service? Can you provide a flight number or any
kind of citation? The only South American destination shown on Qantas'
website is Santiago, with flights from Auckland operated by LAN Chile as
a code-share.

cheers,

Henry
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"S&A Freeston" wrote in message

" Who's that?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Sorry I don't understand your question.
Regards
Stefanie

Oh, I see my spelling was wrong :Qantas.
regards, Stefanie

Besides I thought the Qantas flight was a code share with Aerolineas
Argentinas planes!

Gerrit